Hooliganism and Violence Maine Road 80's/early 90's

Remember an England , Wales game at OT Stoke and Cardiff battling all over town. Wales home games back in the eighties saw mass Cardiff , Swansea battles. Miss the mad bad old days but I am far too old for all that now and am glad match day is much more peaceful.
There was an infamous Wales game away at either Belguim or Holland and it kicked right off on the ferry between Cardiff and Swansea....

Went to an England game at old Trafford when wembley was being rebuilt

Pubs, tram etc full of middle aged, fat, shaven headed cockney gobshites.. won’t be going again
I used to hand out FSF (Football Supporters Federation - now FSA Football Supporters Association) "Free Lions" magazines outside the Swamp.
Never went in to the games, just handed the magazines out.
I recall one game when I was stood outside the cricket ground on Warwick Road dishing the magazine out to those coming off the tram.
Wave after wave of fans coming off the tram singing "No surrender to the IRA"
Finally after about the 8th wave I snapped and shouted "we're playing Turkey..." which totally flummoxed the brain dead twats

I used to hand out FSF (Football Supporters Federation - now FSA Football Supporters Association) "Free Lions" magazines outside the Swamp.
I recall one game when I was stood outside the cricket ground on Warwick Road dishing the magazine out to those coming off the tram.
Finally after about the 8th wave I snapped and shouted "we're playing Turkey..." which totally flummoxed the brain dead twats

I think you may be getting mixed up with the opposition there.

Never felt more affinity with the national team than when I heard the Wembley crowd roar " Stand up if you hate Man U " it really upset the rags at work. I would tell them you can't be truly English if you support United, they were so easy to wind up.

Heard shit loads from the replay in 81. Full members comin home, coppers get on "where's yer windows?

we got tear gassed, fuckin garden posts chucked in great laugh
Sounds like the coach I was on..went from Fallowfield...we were fighting all game and afterwards..had no choice ..it was fucking manic..but everyone stuck together

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.