Hooliganism and Violence Maine Road 80's/early 90's

Not a maine road thing but I remember going to a Chester v Millwall FA Cup game in I think 1980. Few other games were off in the North West and a lot of scousers and fair few mancunians ( possibly united more than city) attended. Made for an eventful afternoon and Chester had a young Ian Rush playing up front for them

Don't suppose you also were down there when England played the Dutch in a friendly, can't remember the year but around the same time. The story was that the Dutch were bringing thousands and it was going to go off big time, it seemed like just about every club turned out a mob, was a midweek night game. I went down without a ticket as they were supposed to be on sale on day of the game, no chance, police wouldn't let Wembley sell them. Saw Plymouth and Derby going at it in Trafalgar Square during the afternoon, about 100 a side.
Anyway the cloggies didn't turn up, 2 double decker busses brought them in and there were literally thousands of nutters wanting to rip them to shreds, coppers had their hands full protecting just 2 busses.

I did end up getting after about 15mins play when the turnstiles were stormed, police just gave up and ordered the exit gates to be opened, everyone just piled in.
1977, Doyle and Watson were picked for England, lost 2-0, Peters got both Dutch goals.

Don't suppose you also were down there when England played the Dutch in a friendly, can't remember the year but around the same time. The story was that the Dutch were bringing thousands and it was going to go off big time, it seemed like just about every club turned out a mob, was a midweek night game. I went down without a ticket as they were supposed to be on sale on day of the game, no chance, police wouldn't let Wembley sell them. Saw Plymouth and Derby going at it in Trafalgar Square during the afternoon, about 100 a side.
Anyway the cloggies didn't turn up, 2 double decker busses brought them in and there were literally thousands of nutters wanting to rip them to shreds, coppers had their hands full protecting just 2 busses.

I did end up getting after about 15mins play when the turnstiles were stormed, police just gave up and ordered the exit gates to be opened, everyone just piled in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.