Hooliganism and Violence Maine Road 80's/early 90's

Everton away in league cup ‘88ish? fuckin mayhem, prob worst violence I’ve seen, loved a fight as a teenager then, but that was a scary night

Quarter Final I think.

We had about 10 specials running out of Victoria, as well as all the normal service trains. I don’t think any of them made in back to Manchester with a window intact.

The police tried to get all the City fans back to Edge Hill after the game, to avoid the City Centre and Lime Street.

But as you say, absolute carnage.

Of the 11 times we’ve played Millwall since the war, seven of them were in a three year period between ‘87 and ‘90. All of those games had their moments. The 1-0 Adcock game springs to mind. But from memory I don’t think any of them individually had huge incidents that weren’t common place at a lot of games of that era.

There was then a gap before the two games in the division 3 season and that’s when things really seemed to heat up. They turned up at least once when we were away at Charlton around that time. And there was talk that they had plans for the Gillingham, Wembley game, that never materialised.

Then they decided to have home fans only for the only two games since in ‘01/‘02.
87 away as someone has already said, London Bridge. News soon spread around the country and was confirmed by the dibble in the operation omega Court case

The Adcock goal, scored at the opposite end, he lobbed it over the keeper. Took a while for us to relies he had scored and then some " blues " still didn't bother to celebrate.
Stood behind that floodlight didn’t help either !!!
My one and only trip to Millwall that aged 17

Cardiff away in the FA Cup early to mid 90’s.. worst I’ve seen and maybe the only time I’ve ever thought I was in real danger when I was barricaded in some boozer with about 200 Cardiff fans trying to smash the doors in to get to the city fans inside

Stood behind that floodlight didn’t help either !!!
My one and only trip to Millwall that aged 17
Stood in front of the floodlight, it had a St.George's flag on it
City crest top right corner
Rangers crest top left
Stockport County bottom right corner

Quarter Final I think.

We had about 10 specials running out of Victoria, as well as all the normal service trains. I don’t think any of them made in back to Manchester with a window intact.

The police tried to get all the City fans back to Edge Hill after the game, to avoid the City Centre and Lime Street.

But as you say, absolute carnage.
We hd the end behind the goal and the top tier of the main stand

Cardiff away in the FA Cup early to mid 90’s.. worst I’ve seen and maybe the only time I’ve ever thought I was in real danger when I was barricaded in some boozer with about 200 Cardiff fans trying to smash the doors in to get to the city fans inside
Me & a mate had to hide in someones front garden that day to avoid a group of Cardiff fans :-)

We hd the end behind the goal and the top tier of the main stand
we were in the top tier that game,we got in late too because of the police outside,we were losing
by the time we got in, coming out it pissed it down,but the trouble was bad that night,a lad on our bus going back to edge hill had been slashed in the face,horrific,their police arriving at edge hill and leaving were just utter twats,goading and winding City fans up any way they could so they could pull you out and nick you, on the train coming out of merseyside,you could hear pellets and bricks hitting the windows but all the metal blinds had been pulled down thankfully.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.