Hooliganism and Violence Maine Road 80's/early 90's

I remember that ! Not sure what was said , either by the city fans or the women serving . But a number of city fans started throwing grit off the floor at the women serving and it escalated rapidly from there as you say awest . Was it a League Cup game ?
I think it was a Saturday afternoon so probably a league game

The first derby I ever went to was in 85 and after the match we were on the top deck of the bus going past Whitworth Park, and I couldn't believe the amount of people standing in the park, I asked my dad what was going on and he told me it was City waiting for United, never forgotten that
Whitworth park.a blast from the past .many a step taken in the park, over the Maine Rd years..that really takes me back .

we were in the top tier that game,we got in late too because of the police outside,we were losing
by the time we got in, coming out it pissed it down,but the trouble was bad that night,a lad on our bus going back to edge hill had been slashed in the face,horrific,their police arriving at edge hill and leaving were just utter twats,goading and winding City fans up any way they could so they could pull you out and nick you, on the train coming out of merseyside,you could hear pellets and bricks hitting the windows but all the metal blinds had been pulled down thankfully.
I was in the everton end (opposite the main stand) with my dad. I was about 14 and we got away with it!!
I was looking at the thousands of city fans and wanting more than anything to be in there

Weirdly round those years we went to every away game at liverpool/everton and sat in the home end.
My dad has a scouse mates and theyd always sort tickets. Never came unstuck as always behaved.
Only time it got risky was at liverpool when niall quinn scored the last minute equaliser. About 1990?
We couldnt help ourselves and jumped up. A few shouts of Manc Bastards etc
i imagine given that liverpool seemed to beat us 4-0 every time they played us then they didnt overly begrudge us a win :)

Cardiff 94. Never seen so many people so pissed, it really was their big day out. Constant goading all match but the only real violence I can remember is Cardiff getting chased all over the place by the coaches when City turned on them, loads of them ran off hiding in people's garden

We had a proper battle that day after the game. I remember 30 odd on each side scrapping like fuck in a petrol station. Seemed to go on for ages.
Mayhem that day more than 30 each it seemed like , all the way back to the transit we came in there was fighting, one of the biggest firm of city I’ve seen everyone was up for it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.