Hooliganism and Violence Maine Road 80's/early 90's

Mark chester was the main man I remember if my brains not frazzled
I wouldn't have had a clue mate but I googled the book Naughty which he had mentioned:

This book is partly a biography about Mark 'Jasper' Chester, a Stoke City fan, who also becomes a founding member of Stoke City's hooligan gang, The Naughty 40.

City/Chelsea there at the beginning
On one of my many trips to Stoke F C away I recall a very funny incident that took place outside a pub somewhere in Stoke but I cannot for the life of me remember the name of the pub. This would have been in the late 70’s early 80’s.

ANYWAY…..we had been to the game and it was kicking off all over the place near the (old Victoria) ground. Bottles were flying everywhere and fights broke out all over too.

We ended up having some beers at this pub and some of us were sat outside on a wall I think with beer in hand.

Next minute a small crew of Stoke arrived and they were walking along the pavement opposite the pub and were staring at us. It was obvious who we were and that we weren’t local. The main guy was just glaring at us and probably getting ready to say something but wasn’t watching where he was walking.

I said to my mate “watch what this guy does…he’s heading straight for a lamp post!”

I was pissing myself laughing which was really annoying this geezer.

Next minute WHAM…he smacks his head into the lamp post full on. Nearly knocks himself out big time.

Next thing we are all rolling about laughing including his little mob. So I shouted over “come and have a beer with us!!!! yeah we’re Man City but let’s have a beer and a laugh eh?”

They came over and this guy was white and ill looking but it was all laughed about and we had a great night talking about old battles and matches.

I once "jumped" the train to try to get to Stoke away. Somehow ended up at Crewe station and couldn’t get out of the station so we ESCAPED FROM CREWE STATION by running across the lines and out through a staff exit. Then we got a bus to Stoke and got to the game at Full Time. Missed the entire match!

Look at their Brain Dead "Fans" near the Dug out when Bob scores lol
Look very closely at the bit when they show Brightwells goal from the City end looking towards Stratford End ,in the bright sunshine bit right at the back you can see a City fans arms go up when they score ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.