Hooliganism and Violence Maine Road 80's/early 90's

I remember it kicking off against spurs on Claremont Road before a game around 2001 time.
Worst I saw was the 5 - 0 late 70's.

Near dog shit alley proper battling in that next street. Spurs were mob handed and not backing down.

Worst I saw was the 5 - 0 late 70's.

Near dog shit alley proper battling in that next street. Spurs were mob handed and not backing down.
First trouble I ever saw was against spurs. I was walking towards Platt Lane Methodist church with my dad and a mob of spurs popped up. They were charged by a bigger mob of City. I was right in the middle, shit myself and my dad had to shield me. It was around 1978 I think. Memory says it was 1-1 but that’s not reliable

First trouble I ever saw was against spurs. I was walking towards Platt Lane Methodist church with my dad and a mob of spurs popped up. They were charged by a bigger mob of City. I was right in the middle, shit myself and my dad had to shield me. It was around 1978 I think. Memory says it was 1-1 but that’s not reliable
They were relegated in ‘77.

couple of 1 - 1 draws 80 and 81

Remember something similar after the game on Yew Tree Rd the season they’d just signed Villa and Ardiles from Argentina just after the World Cup
I’d been about 8/9
I was right on 90 mins cos my dad always left early !!!

Just remember him shielding me as a police car drove in between the battle

Remember something similar after the game on Yew Tree Rd the season they’d just signed Villa and Ardiles from Argentina just after the World Cup
I’d been about 8/9
I was right on 90 mins cos my dad always left early !!!

Just remember him shielding me as a police car drove in between the battle
That might be the one. I can remember the whole thing vividly. We always left early too. We left the platt Lane stand, turned left and walked up the alley which came out on Rosedale Road. As we walked up Rosedale Road towards Platt Lane the spurs fans appeared behind us at the bottom of the road where they must have come out of the away end/alleyway. City’s boys instantly appeared in front of us and charged and police horses appeared where the spurs fans were and tried to intercept City.

both sets came from yew tree road direction so the one you saw sounds to have been either immediately before or after mine. I suspect before, and I saw the next clash.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.