Hooliganism and Violence Maine Road 80's/early 90's

the scenes when power scored

Scenes like that at both ends. No wonder English football fans had a mental reputation across Europe, as it became know as the 'English Disease'.

Young adults won't experience what it was like supporting your team in those days. Yes the violence was bad at times, but the rush and excitement from football then can never be replicated again.

Scenes like that at both ends. No wonder English football fans had a mental reputation across Europe, as it became know as the 'English Disease'.

Young adults won't experience what it was like supporting your team in those days. Yes the violence was bad at times, but the rush and excitement from football then can never be replicated again.
i agree, the violence wasn't why we went.
and i think some of it was a reflection of the times we were living in.
i was reading this just
the fucking state of the place!

Also shows how sterlie and boring football crowds are now.
Score a goal wait 5minutes for var.
A couple of tourists take a video for youtube

Horrible bastards and well organised. I remember playing them at Maine Road when they were banned from travelling away. I was stood outside the ticket office and in the distance you could hear, "The Chelsea united, will never be defeated." Everyone starts looking thinking what the fuck is that? A few seconds later they walked around the corner like a fucking military unit. About fifty of them, all dressed the same. Black reefer coats and docs. They actually marched in a block perfectly, like soldiers on parade. The police quickly surrounded them and took them away but it was a bizarre sight.
Seriously underrated 80 s Chelsea, because West ham took it up a notch I reckon, but as you said they took it everywhere and were evil,even in our heyday it was the only trip people ducked! Them,utd and the scouse aways were the proper tests. Happy days indeed!

The two games against Everton in the quarters and the league cup semi at Liverpool saw violence on a scale you just don't see now . Peterborough in the 5th round away was a mad day as I recall I was young ,stupid and fit then ,now an FOC with memories good and bad. Would love to live through it again.
81! Liverpool away in the league Cup was the worst I'd seen,until Everton away in the fa Cup! We did great before the game ,after was ...tricky! Remember waiting for the buses by the park ,ran loads of them ...they came back with even more,was young and fearless but it made the heart race a bit!

i agree, the violence wasn't why we went.
and i think some of it was a reflection of the times we were living in.
i was reading this just
the fucking state of the place!
It wasn't but it sort of was! Aways got less interesting when aways got lame, best days of our lives and anyone who lived and loved it will love it forever, changed our world . Still mates with lads from decades ago. Up the Blues

It wasn't but it sort of was! Aways got less interesting when aways got lame, best days of our lives and anyone who lived and loved it will love it forever, changed our world . Still mates with lads from decades ago. Up the Blues
when i said "we" i meant me and my mates.
we didn't go for the fighting,
but we were happy to join in with you guys when it happened.
as you say, changed our world, brother.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.