Hooliganism and Violence Maine Road 80's/early 90's

Vaguely remember some Chelsea in the early days of punk in dog collars etc pogoing in the kippax singing Ramones 'Beat on the Bratt'

One game that sticks in the mind is City v Everton 81-82
Trevor Francis sent off and Kevin Bond equalizing for City with a long shot

A huge pre match brawl in the Platt Lane which seemed to take the club by surprise, especially as it seemed to erupt in the middle of the Junior Blues section.

It even got a mention in the match programme for the next home game v West Ham (who also took the club by surprise when buying a whole block of seats in the Main Stand)
The did the same thing the following season, but this time all sitting on the opposite side of the Main Stand

1974 fa cup liverpool v city 3 am kick off ,
everton v millwall 3 am k o .10 millwall stabbed , wild

The two games against Everton in the quarters and the league cup semi at Liverpool saw violence on a scale you just don't see now . Peterborough in the 5th round away was a mad day as I recall I was young ,stupid and fit then ,now an FOC with memories good and bad. Would love to live through it again.
I got nicked at Peterborough . Spent a night in a cell with a Chelsea fan and a Utd fan from Prestwich who i hitched it home with the next day . Took around 4-5 visits to court before finally getting not guilty . Trains were a nightmare getting there . During my visits to court i even managed to get my jaw broke in a scuffle with Irish Man U fans outside the souvenir shop after the game at Maine Road .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.