Hooliganism and Violence Maine Road 80's/early 90's

A rum game at Ninian Park on the August Bank Holiday at the start of 83-84 and the rare occurrence of home fans in the away end.
Also, the return fixture when Cardiff kicked-off in the Social Club.

I've mentioned it in this thread, I was there. I don't remember punks these were hardcore hooligans. They were in black reefer jackets and docs. About fifty, marching in perfect formation like the fucking army. That's what they were chanting though. Once we recovered from our surprise we started to get together to attack them but the old bill quickly surrounded them and took them off.
was it the 6 - 2? 1977? I can't remember what they were wearing tbh.

Boro got a vicious beating at Maine Road around Easter 74/75.

It was organised revenge for for some shithousery up there earlier in the season.

All the City mobs were out before, during, and after and apart from smashing the smoggies,a coach was set alight and several mini buses wrecked.

Cleveland police chief complained to his GMP counterpart that his force turned Nelson's Eye to the protection of his citizens.

This event was the start of the hate twixt us/them.

A rum game at Ninian Park on the August Bank Holiday at the start of 83-84 and the rare occurrence of home fans in the away end.
Also, the return fixture when Cardiff kicked-off in the Social Club.
I was in the social club, somehow Roy Clarke thought they would be warmly welcomed by city fans

They were until the pint pots started flying

Mounted police ( minus their horses by now ) had to clear them out the side door

Boro got a vicious beating at Maine Road around Easter 74/75.

It was organised revenge for for some shithousery up there earlier in the season.

All the City mobs were out before, during, and after and apart from smashing the smoggies,a coach was set alight and several mini buses wrecked.

Cleveland police chief complained to his GMP counterpart that his force turned Nelson's Eye to the protection of his citizens.

This event was the start of the hate twixt us/them.
Saw loads of cars torched and tipped over whenever we played Liverpool......bet they loved Maine Road.

Remember the boro chant?

Middlesboro
stick together

A pal of mine from Leeds told me Maine Road was THE most terrifying place he ever went to.

When City fans had 'a cause' it could be a rough old place !!
yep....sometimes we couldn't be arsed then some cunts would try taking liberties and suffer the consequences.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.