Hooliganism and Violence Maine Road 80's/early 90's

I was at that game in the Kippax near the front it was rammed. Kicked off royally at the back for ages. You're right they ended up on n the North stand. I remember them singing that song, "Na na na Chelsea FC!"
Went to Maine Rd for the next30 odd years didn't see a game as violent as this until Millwall in 99.

Boro got a vicious beating at Maine Road around Easter 74/75.

It was organised revenge for for some shithousery up there earlier in the season.

All the City mobs were out before, during, and after and apart from smashing the smoggies,a coach was set alight and several mini buses wrecked.

Cleveland police chief complained to his GMP counterpart that his force turned Nelson's Eye to the protection of his citizens.

This event was the start of the hate twixt us/them.
Good Friday it was. All the Boro coaches(Beeline)parked outside the Kippax. Think every window went through. Mayhem. Evening news headline a few days later was “Black Friday “…. Front page job.

How did City fare against Millwall back in 99, only saw the Mcintyre documentary which didn't show much outside
Millwall took two beatings, one from TAG Robo Cops in the North Stand, and one from a massive City mob on Wilmslow Rd. Thought they could take the piss learned better that day..

Millwall took two beatings, one from TAG Robo Cops in the North Stand, and one from a massive City mob on Wilmslow Rd. Thought they could take the piss learned better that day..
Not sure they fared too well in Stockport earlier in the day did they?

think it was that fat Reading prick I saw get his arse handed to him at Reading, funny as fuck.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.