Hooliganism and Violence Maine Road 80's/early 90's

I’ve read about this match many times on here, sounds like this channel has a few of the details wrong again though like the last video posted by them

There was a lot more than 3,000 there that day. Some Leeds fans came into the Lowfield stand through the exit gates before the end of the game. I recognised one of them as we'd played them a few weeks before in the league at their place but there was no trouble from them. It all kicked off outside. Very unpleasant experience. Was that the season we played Shrewsbury away in the snow the next round and they beat us.

There was a lot more than 3,000 there that day. Some Leeds fans came into the Lowfield stand through the exit gates before the end of the game. I recognised one of them as we'd played them a few weeks before in the league at their place but there was no trouble from them. It all kicked off outside. Very unpleasant experience. Was that the season we played Shrewsbury away in the snow the next round and they beat us.
Forest knocked us out in the next round

I’ve read about this match many times on here, sounds like this channel has a few of the details wrong again though like the last video posted by them

'Leeds were in every end City's firm were'. I should hope so, it was their home game. But whoever this Brian is must be auditioning for Jackanory. 3,000 City, you having a laugh. I have a vague recollection of being there with my dad and marvelling at how many City fans were there. Remember after the game he grabbed my hand and we walked sharpish back to a car, didn't really understand what the rush was at the time...

'Leeds were in every end City's firm were'. I should hope so, it was their home game. But whoever this Brian is must be auditioning for Jackanory. 3,000 City, you having a laugh. I have a vague recollection of being there with my dad and marvelling at how many City fans were there. Remember after the game he grabbed my hand and we walked sharpish back to a car, didn't really understand what the rush was at the time...
I was 19 and at this match. The video is reasonably accurate but the figure of 3000 must refer to only our hard core hooligans because we had around 10,000 fans that day and were down the side of the ground as well as the away end. City fans dominated the pubs before the game. I was in the Wheatsheaf. But afterwards it was carnage. It was a full-scale riot involving thousands on both sides. The worst violence I have seen at any game apart from the Anfield Lge Cup semi in 81.

I was 19 and at this match. The video is reasonably accurate but the figure of 3000 must refer to only our hard core hooligans because we had around 10,000 fans that day and were down the side of the ground as well as the away end. City fans dominated the pubs before the game. I was in the Wheatsheaf. But afterwards it was carnage. It was a full-scale riot involving thousands on both sides. The worst violence I have seen at any game apart from the Anfield Lge Cup semi in 81.
Correct , must have been 10,000 City fans that day , absolute bedlam , remember seeing fighting on the slip road back to the motorway after the game . As a wet behind the ears fourteen year old it was scary afterwards. Remember hearing voices in the paddock I was in telling City fans not to go in the pitch otherwise the game could be abandoned with the added caveat that if the “ fuckers “ approach us we stand and fight !!

Correct , must have been 10,000 City fans that day , absolute bedlam , remember seeing fighting on the slip road back to the motorway after the game . As a wet behind the ears fourteen year old it was scary afterwards. Remember hearing voices in the paddock I was in telling City fans not to go in the pitch otherwise the game could be abandoned with the added caveat that if the “ fuckers “ approach us we stand and fight !!
I think we had 13,000 at that game, as said we had at least half of the Lowfield paddock as well as the cowshed, it was easily the biggest following we had taken anywhere that I'd been up to that point. I remember climbing on the fence when they came on the pitch but in all honesty I didn't fancy going over it. I won the golden goal competition in the programme that was related to the time of the first goal, £50, had to go and collect it from the ticket office after the game, not the best time to be making that journey but it had to be done.
Great away day as was Newcastle in the same season, although I never saw all the game at Newcastle as loads of us got chased out of the ground when the Geordies came into our section, they were proper monsters.

The proximity of the home fans next to away fans on all 3 levels, especially on level 1, in-between our 2 singing sections is the main cause of our 68% home arrest rate.

1711464893922.png

united.jpg

Yes they did, was there on the side near the Trent End.

Re Leeds fan account there was a lot more than 3000 there that day.
I was in their main stand along with lots of other City fans.

City had a huge following that day, estimated at 13000.

Lids fans attacked young kids and families as usual, but more than met their match outside the dog track and station !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.