Hope all is well with Gareth Barry

Blue Smarties said:
Soulboy said:
Mancini had him playing as a left winger for most of today's match... has Barry EVER played as a left winger before?

It's a pity we didn't have anyone else who could have played as a left winger instead of him...
Moses could have. Oh what... we fucked up on that one didn't we.

To be honest mate, I don't think Moses is a left winger either!

I thought he played through the middle.

Pretty good at parting the Red Sea so I've been told...

Soulboy said:
Blue Smarties said:
Moses could have. Oh what... we fucked up on that one didn't we.

To be honest mate, I don't think Moses is a left winger either!

I thought he played through the middle.

Pretty good at parting the Red Sea so I've been told...
He can play pretty much anywhere from LW, RW, AMC, AMR, AML or ST.

I slated Barry on that "Barry for England Captain" thread, yesterday and got called a rag for my troubles. I'm deeply, deeply wounded about that and doubt that I'll ever get over the trauma of it... No, wait a second! I'm fine again.

Now, whilst taking the fact that he was posted out on the left wing for long stretches, today, on board, I've still got to say that I saw nothing to change my mind about him.
Then again, Spurs "reject", Jamie O'Hara bossed the midfield for a good part of the second half today and that does not say a lot for any of our boys.
Maybe Barry is carrying an injury and I'm being unduly harsh. All I know is that he's not looked the part of a top midfielder on too many of the big occasions, this season. I've been really disappointed by him and I really do wish he would prove me wrong.
Still, at least today he didn't dive every time the hard tackles came in. That's an improvement.

m27 said:
Soulboy said:
Mancini had him playing as a left winger for most of today's match... has Barry EVER played as a left winger before?

It's a pity we didn't have anyone else who could have played as a left winger instead of him...

Exactly.

Far too many square pegs in round holes today.

So long as we are victorious I'm more than prepared for square pegs in round holes, dull turgid football, and messageboards full of frustration and anger...

But if we start losing games this way, then even I may have to question the manager's thinking.

But not yet.

he does look very slow, and if you look at vk goal he didnt celabrate in any way just turned away looking at the floor, strange

Soulboy said:
m27 said:
Exactly.

Far too many square pegs in round holes today.

So long as we are victorious I'm more than prepared for square pegs in round holes, dull turgid football, and messageboards full of frustration and anger...

But if we start losing games this way, then even I may have to question the manager's thinking.

But not yet.

we did have some one to play on the left wing but he was stuck out on the right wing.

as for watching dull turgid football all season thats not for me

ono said:
I really don't see how people rate him. I've yet to see one single area of his game that makes him any better than any other run of the mill midfielder.
agreed. he couldnt pass wind at the moment

He's the new Seth Johnson who signed for Leeds everyone after him and once
he's signed very average....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.