Hope all is well with Gareth Barry

not the player he looked at start of season,if hes carrying an injury get it sorted cos its not helping any1

Ducado said:
What's this I see another player for the boo boys!

There seems to be a bit of pack mentality on here sometimes, many players have fallen foul, Ireland, Tevez to name but two!

Do me a favour get on and support club and the players!

Fuck me, people can't criticise any aspect of any player on here these days without being called a 'boo boy'.

Barry has been lacking a spark for some time now and there is nothing wrong with saying it on a messageboard. There is a big difference between that and going to the game and booing his every touch and calling him names.

Had a typically shit game today, which unfortunately I've found myself saying for weeks on end, in fact, I can't remember the last time I came away from a game thinking that he'd played well.

He has far and away been our biggest disappointment in the last transfer window, with the reputation and experience he brought to the side he should have been one of our most successful signings, instead we've seen nothing but excuses and regular below par performances.

He's proven to be nothing more than a sluggish, cumbersome De Jong without the ability to tackle. His passing is only marginally better than De Jong's, and at the same time he carries no threat whatsoever going forward.

At times he appears to be a luxury we can't afford, and at his worst he's been an absolute passenger. Today was one in a long line of dreadful performances, consistency is one of the sole reasons we signed Barry, and he's been nothing but consistently dire.

Overrated and overvalued IMO.

Played on the left first half for some reason but didn't get into the game atall. No need for him and De jong in there today a bit to negative. Still a class player though, he might not make the hero tackles that de jong does but is much better at reading the oppistion and breaking up there play, as good as hamann at winning free kicks aswell.

Seems a few dont rate him but I for 1 think he's class and he'd be in my city team everyweek

mad4city said:
I slated Barry on that "Barry for England Captain" thread, yesterday and got called a rag for my troubles. I'm deeply, deeply wounded about that and doubt that I'll ever get over the trauma of it... No, wait a second! I'm fine again.

Now, whilst taking the fact that he was posted out on the left wing for long stretches, today, on board, I've still got to say that I saw nothing to change my mind about him.
Then again, Spurs "reject", Jamie O'Hara bossed the midfield for a good part of the second half today and that does not say a lot for any of our boys.
Maybe Barry is carrying an injury and I'm being unduly harsh. All I know is that he's not looked the part of a top midfielder on too many of the big occasions, this season. I've been really disappointed by him and I really do wish he would prove me wrong.
Still, at least today he didn't dive every time the hard tackles came in. That's an improvement.

To be honest everytime I look at Barry he`s either fouling or being fouled. Watch him next week and see. How he's an England regular is totally beyond me...........

mad4city said:
I slated Barry on that "Barry for England Captain" thread, yesterday and got called a rag for my troubles. I'm deeply, deeply wounded about that and doubt that I'll ever get over the trauma of it... No, wait a second! I'm fine again.

Now, whilst taking the fact that he was posted out on the left wing for long stretches, today, on board, I've still got to say that I saw nothing to change my mind about him.
Then again, Spurs "reject", Jamie O'Hara bossed the midfield for a good part of the second half today and that does not say a lot for any of our boys.
Maybe Barry is carrying an injury and I'm being unduly harsh. All I know is that he's not looked the part of a top midfielder on too many of the big occasions, this season. I've been really disappointed by him and I really do wish he would prove me wrong.
Still, at least today he didn't dive every time the hard tackles came in. That's an improvement.

To be honest everytime I look at Barry he`s either fouling or being fouled. Watch him next week and see. How he's an England regular is totally beyond me...........

He's definitely a good player so all these poor to average games are a bit strange. I personally think he's not fit, he seems very one paced too. I have full confidence in him to find his best form though as he is one of the best English midfielders around.

Fooking boo boy here these lads are on half a million quid a month to play for the team they should all be like caged animals when they take the field. If barry is lacking form vierra is in, garrido is not at this level taxi for him. Some of the others are being played out of position maybe or not at all thats booby and kiddos errors. We need to be more hard nosed as a club if we intend to make the top 4 put my arm round him do me a favour, baconface and ancelloti tell it how it is step up play out of your skin and you MIGHT keep your place simple as far as i am concerned

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.