Houssem Aouar

Aouar plays more defensively than Ndombele yet you would buy the latter as Dinho's replacement. We have to forget like for like ideas.
Ndombele is the holder, Aouar presses and hence gets better tackling stats. If you're replacing Dinho with one of them you sign Ndombele.

Finishing isn't anything but a tiebreaker in his position. We're not going to sign Gary Cahill or Robert Huth for their goalscoring ability.

His finishing is good because he was a striker until he was about 17 and he broke into the Lyon side as a winger.

Of course it wouldn't. Just look at the ages of Fern and David. There has to be continuity no matter how much we would all like our youth players to be given a push. Phil is only 18 and has at least 15 years of top class football before him.

I honestly laughed at how stupid this is.

Imagine actually thinking that signing a 20 year old kid in his position wouldn't push Foden down the pecking order and limit his opportunities.

Then imagine actually complaining about needing continuity when David Silva leaves when we literally already have the guy who will succeed him and he has the same surname.

The only way Aouar coming in wouldn't effectively end Foden's career here is if Gundogan gets shipped out as well, and we go from having Silva/KDB/Bernardo/Gundogan to KDB/Bernardo/Aouar/Foden.

I honestly laughed at how stupid this is.

Imagine actually thinking that signing a 20 year old kid in his position wouldn't push Foden down the pecking order and limit his opportunities.

Then imagine actually complaining about needing continuity when David Silva leaves when we literally already have the guy who will succeed him and he has the same surname.

The only way Aouar coming in wouldn't effectively end Foden's career here is if Gundogan gets shipped out as well, and we go from having Silva/KDB/Bernardo/Gundogan to KDB/Bernardo/Aouar/Foden.
You either lack intelligence or manners; I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, believe it to be the former and will therefore explain.

Phil Foden is one of the world's greatest prospects and I hope he becomes one of the best players in our history. In midfield, we have KDB, DS, BS, PF, IG, FD and OZ. We are interested in a technically accomplished 20-year-old player who can play in a variety of positions. Fans are concerned that a top prospect will have his time limited by such a purchase but the club believe him to be a key long-term part of their strategy and want him to be a lynchpin to help promote the club, academy and local links.

So, PF, BS and KDB are key to our thinking. DS and FLR are 32 and 34. FD, OZ and IG are in the next group.

If PF is a priority, and I believe he is, a new player won't push him out, it will be part of a longer-term plan that will replace an ageing star or a player in the second group. I do not understand why fans cannot get to grips with the fact that one player does not necessarily replace another so directly; does not have an identical skill set and does not necessarily impinge on another's game time in a 70 game season. It is directly because we think so strategically that we lie at the top of the table and are through to the next phase of the CL, despite having a serious injury list.

Last edited:
You either lack intelligence or manners; I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, believe it to be the former and will therefore explain.

Phil Foden is one of the world's greatest prospects and I hope he becomes one of the best players in our history. In midfield, we have KDB, DS, BS, PF, IG, FD and OZ. We are interested in a technically accomplished 20-year-old player who can play in a variety of positions. Fans are concerned that a top prospect will have his time limited by such a purchase but the club believe him to be a key long-term part of their strategy and want him to be a lynchpin to help promote the club, academy and local links.

So, PF, BS and KDB are key to our thinking. DS and FLR are 32 and 34. FD, OZ and IG are in the next group.

If PF is a priority, and I believe he is, a new player won't push him out, it will be part of a longer-term plan that will replace an ageing star or a player in the second group. I do not understand why fans cannot get to grips with the fact that one player does not necessarily replace another so directly; does not have an identical skill set and does not necessarily impinge on another's game time in a 70 game season. It is directly because we think so strategically that we lie at the top of the table and are through to the next phase of the CL, despite having a serious injury list.
What about MK, RD, FEC, QAS and DY?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.