Houssem Aouar

I wonder if Ake might be deployed in a defensive midfield/destroyer role more than we think. I gather he has played there on occasion in the past
When I watched him in Chelsea's youth team many years ago, he seemed to be playing more that kind of role Longsight, and as I've said before, he was the stand-out player on the pitch, so maybe he will.

I wonder if Ake might be deployed in a defensive midfield/destroyer role more than we think. I gather he has played there on occasion in the past

I made a post about this yesterday, so I guess that could be a realistic option for Pep. I would love to see it tried out, could just turn Ake to the signing of the summer, Ake at DM could also give Pep the option of playing Rodrigo at CB, I just have a feeling that position would be perfect for Rodrigo.

From talk on the Bournemouth forums hes played there and did well, but also played LB a bit and was really good in that position also.

I made a post about this yesterday, so I guess that could be a realistic option for Pep. I would love to see it tried out, could just turn Ake to the signing of the summer, Ake at DM could also give Pep the option of playing Rodrigo at CB, I just have a feeling that position would be perfect for Rodrigo.

Wouldn’t do much for our current big problem when we play such a high line though.

Wouldn’t do much for our current big problem when we play such a high line though.

Actually I think it could improve the team! Rodri actually has a great positional sense in terms of winning the ball back and defending, he's also very cautious when passing, its just his pace and turn that lets him down. I think if the team is set up for Laporte to receive the ball from Eddy and move further into the midfield, while Rodri sits a little deeper, closer to Eddy, that could just improve our defensive dilemma.

People quite often like their favorite player, but the big CB for Lyon was the best player on the park, he has done wonderfully considering this team has been battered in every game since the group stage, and had to rely on the defense
That's not even remotely true though?
Are you pretending you've watched their games from groupstages? Really doubt that.
They didn't have to defend at all against Leipzig took 4 points out of 6 against them, neither did they need to defend in that 1st leg against Juventus.
Also I doubt that Aouar is De Bruyne's favorite player because by De Bruyne's own admission he doesn't watch football from France or even England for that matter.

THey can think what they like but 9 times out of 10 City would win that game. We've been terrorised by teams from France before eg Monaco but this Lyon side were comparatively ordinary and rode their luck.

I think we need a defensive midfielder and I'd go for Luiz. I think he's done really well in a very poor Villa side and he was their key player. I'd go for him at the base of our midfield.
Teams from France? As in Lyon? Who's unbeaten in 3 games against City in the past 2 seasons?
Win at the etihad, draw in Lyon and that CL QF tie.
Monaco lost one at the Etihad, won one in their stadium, hardly terrorised anything.

That's not even remotely true though?
Are you pretending you've watched their games from groupstages? Really doubt that.
They didn't have to defend at all against Leipzig took 4 points out of 6 against them, neither did they need to defend in that 1st leg against Juventus.
Also I doubt that Aouar is De Bruyne's favorite player because by De Bruyne's own admission he doesn't watch football from France or even England for that matter.

Teams from France? As in Lyon? Who's unbeaten in 3 games against City in the past 2 seasons?
Win at the etihad, draw in Lyon and that CL QF tie.
Monaco lost one at the Etihad, won one in their stadium, hardly terrorised anything.

Monaco were much much better though.

We were dogshit v Lyon.

Perfect signing. Good price as well.

For those that think we don’t, we absolutely do need a midfielder.

Rodri, Gundogan, De Bruyne are our only midfielders now. For some reason Pep is not playing Bernardo nor Foden there. So we definitely need another player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.