How are we all feeling about our club today?

The daily mail literally ran an article last night saying “Sheikh Mansour saves football”
I strongly suspect they made a few edits to an article which was already written and ready called "Sheikh Mansour could save football if he wanted", ie subtly blaming us for the whole thing. It reads that way to me.

Forgiven but not forgotten

City, for two days, made me feel stupid for believing they were a different type of owner, a better one. Not angry...stupid.

Im so relieved we did the right thing and it looks like our actions brought the lot down.

As always people will have their own theories. I don’t go along with the one that says this was all a plan by us. What I do believe is we panicked, made the wrong decision and then saw an opportunity to be the good guys later down the line and perhaps do a deal with UEFA.

I think the reaction of the fans and the Government was important and certainly Pep and the players.

City need to learn from this. I still like our owners but the trust has gone. I want an explanation and an apology.

Last edited:
Still puzzled because we have only had a terse statement on our website. I’d like to know why and what exactly they were thinking of but I guess that will never be explained.

But also it means I’ll now probably not be able to afford a new (second hand) car! When we were ‘in’ the SL I was looking forward to saving my City money for a replacement car! Ah well, that’s life I guess. Thanks City, that’s another thing to think about when I think of how I feel about the club now. City ruining car buying since 2021! :-)
I suspect we will use press leaks to get our story out soon. Certainly they will mean a lot more than hollow statements. That one from Liverpool this morning makes things worse for them.

The fact that we only released a pathetic withdrawal statement and the original gushing Super League statement with quotes from Perez is still on the website tells you everything you need to know about our club under the current ownership. I'm out until we have 51% fan ownership. Been nice chatting on here. I know i upset many of you so Didsbury Dave, Billy Shears, Worsley Web enjoy the rest of your time together.

Very proud of the response from our fans this week, as well as Pep and the players if the above is true.

However if Soriano truly told them all to shush and ride out the criticism then I am afraid that is appalling. Especially seeing there still has been no comment from those at the top other than “We’re in” and “We’re out”.

Other clubs have been given an explanation and apology and I think we are owed one too, and told what is going to happen to prevent a reoccurrence.

Yes, but there is no guarantee City would have got much positive PR. In fact, many would blame City/PSG spending and failure of UEFA to ban City as reasons for the creation of the Super League.
I read a bit of RAWK and the rationale for this by some of their idiots was that it was an inevitable consequence of UEFA's failure to get us to abide by FFP. I mean, we know they're a bunch of the most deluded fuckwits imaginable but how in god's name do some of them come to that conclusion?

Evidence? So awkward, that evidence stuff.
The hard evidence won't ever be made available to people like you and I. All I can say is that, I see what I see, I know what I know. I read people, I watch, I sit back, I let things unfold, I don't react. Then I make my judgement.
I've drawn my conclusion and I'll buy you a pint if I'm wrong. Nothing awkward about it.

I think the ESL needed City a whole lot more than the other way round. Club were probably railroaded along with offers and inducements too good to refuse. But as the old saying goes; "if it looks like a turd and smells like a turd, it's a turd"!!

Currently, City, PSG and Bayern are the super clubs. Without these clubs, it would simply be the European History League.

Don't think I will ever feel the same about football again. Still can't believe we got into bed with the clubs who have been trying to bring us down for years. It's not the just the top boys at the club that have hurt me it's a lot of things about the game at the moment that I just don't like. I thought VAR would get rid of a lot of the diving and dodgy decisions, how wrong I was. We are still looking at a Champions League with guaranteed places for some of the greedy 12 no matter where they finish in the league. I usually struggle to get through big games because of nerves, we have some huge games coming up in the next few weeks and at the moment the results don't seem to matter that much. I suppose that should tell me it's time to move on and find somewhere else to invest my time and emotion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.