How are you getting to Barcelona ?

Have to agree that everything before the game last season was great. As a single traveller the craic in the Plaza Reail was brilliant, made some new friends and met some old ones, unfortunately everything during and after the game was shite. Having done the Camp Nou tour on a previous visit, the match day experience inside was probably worse than if you'd never been inside before. That, plus the little twat that tried to pick my pocket on the way in, the netting and the nightmare trying to get back to the centre after the match is more than enough to put me off going again.
Fortunately wifey has a big birthday coming up in March and we'll be in Lanzarote for three weeks from the 6th of March so it's €100 return flights from Arrecife, two nights in a nice hotel, shed load of wine, 3 - 1 on aggregate to City, happy days and happy birthday wifey. I consider myself very lucky that despite the fact she's not much of a football fan she continually says "fuck it we're only here once, just get it booked"

I'm in 2 minds for this one, had a brilliant couple of days in barca last time on the lash but the actual match experience at the ground was shite.

Didsbury Dave said:
Tonster said:
de niro said:
did gatwick for rome. never again, at any money.

Managed to go from Manchester for Rome, it's a bit of a drag to Gatwick but for those who haven't booked and it's £300+ from the North West, it's a bargain by comparison.

A bit of a drag? Fuck that. Going to gatwick or whatever just to hop over to Europe has always struck me as a collosal waste of time. It's like tripling your journey time. The thought of landing back in the uk and facing another five hours plus to get home does not appeal to me one little bit.

Fair enough but for many if it's the difference between £350 and £100 then that bit if a drag is well worth it.

Didsbury Dave said:
Tonster said:
de niro said:
did gatwick for rome. never again, at any money.

Managed to go from Manchester for Rome, it's a bit of a drag to Gatwick but for those who haven't booked and it's £300+ from the North West, it's a bargain by comparison.

A bit of a drag? Fuck that. Going to gatwick or whatever just to hop over to Europe has always struck me as a collosal waste of time. It's like tripling your journey time. The thought of landing back in the uk and facing another five hours plus to get home does not appeal to me one little bit.

Some of us do that for home games ya fekkin part-timer ;o)

Bilboblue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Tonster said:

Not knocking anyone for doing it, fella. I understand the cost savings make it worth while if you've got the time to commit. And to do something like that for palace at home on a Saturday lunchtime take real commitment.

I honestly wouldn't knock anyone doing that. I'm just too lazy.

£200
out 18th, 10am <a class="postlink" href="http://www.skyscanner.net/transport/flights/man/bcn/150318/airfares-from-manchester-to-barcelona-in-march-2015.html?rtn=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skyscanner.net/transport/fli ... html?rtn=0</a>

back 19th <a class="postlink" href="http://bookflights.monarch.co.uk/CalendarSelect.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bookflights.monarch.co.uk/CalendarSelect.aspx</a>

GONE

Taximania said:
Bilboblue said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I said all inclusive for £170
Make that £135 if I can find a certain Baggins to fully release his sheckle bag

A lot to be said for the hotel n all inclusive
Last year we all danced the dance at the Amaika for pennies,absolute pennies
Maybe just maybe I may do it again.
But this hallowed eve there is work to be done
The work does not involve saving planet earth but rather saving Taxis pauperish pockets

Amaika showing £185 for a week all inclusive inc flights
Like wow !

LINK?

BUDGE712 said:
Five days in Caella, all inclusive at the Caella Palace, travel into Barcelona on the day of the match.

Just looking at some of them deals now. what's it like there? And Lloret as well.
Saturday to thursday half board at under 220 seems suspiciously cheap to me.

Tonster said:
de niro said:
Tonster said:

we found a cracking hotel nearby if you want to break the journey. let me know if you need one.

We're booked on the 06:55 so we're staying at the airport night before, cheers though

we flew at 06 35 am. 4 of us, we paid 88 quid for a family room, parking for 2 nights and a return shuttle.@ at 22 each it was worth to get some proper kip. oh and a nice bar :)

stonerblue said:
BUDGE712 said:
Five days in Caella, all inclusive at the Caella Palace, travel into Barcelona on the day of the match.

Just looking at some of them deals now. what's it like there? And Lloret as well.
Saturday to thursday half board at under 220 seems suspiciously cheap to me.
We stayed at the Amaika in Calella last yr, foods good,all inclusive drinks which are all branded and a food bar(only snacks ) during meal times.i think we paid about 20 euro per night.
Same this year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.