How are you getting to the Cup Final ?

Going on the train, 6.41 from Stockport, as for coming back, hopefully the last one back after we win.

Bit gutted, we have an unofficial supporters club running from the Astley in Staybridge.

There’s up to 33 of us who go to the League games but out of our lot a couple are driving, quite a lot not going and three are doing an overnighter.

Leaves just 8 of us including a child and a Senior, only vehicle we can get is an 8 seater priced at £950 with Car Park so nearly £120 each which is too much for the child and his Granddad plus the Senior.

We’ve also tried self drive but would have to collect a vehicle on Friday and return Tuesday so that would be about £800 plus fuel and car park, however there’s non available now.

Out of the 7 adults only one has a saloon car, three of us have 2 seaters (old age crisis), one has a van and one doesn’t drive.

So it looks like we’re fucked and won’t be going.
Always spaces on coaches if you can travel a short distance ...such as Royton SC for one who I've travelled with occasionally but I'm sure there'll be something closer from S/bridge or Ducky.

Just chose it randomly….hopefully easy to get about
It's a good spot. The services are good, with a Spoons for breakfast, dinner, drinks.

A few minutes drive to Gerrards Cross, where you can get the train straight into Wembley. Takes about 15 minutes but you can be waiting for a while at Wembley after the game to get a train back and you need to make sure you're in the right queue.

It's a good spot. The services are good, with a Spoons for breakfast, dinner, drinks.

A few minutes drive to Gerrards Cross, where you can get the train straight into Wembley. Takes about 15 minutes but you can be waiting for a while at Wembley after the game to get a train back and you need to make sure you're in the right queue.
We stayed there for the semi and got an Uber to Wembley and back - approx £38 - a couple of hours before and after the match.
The IBIS is in the services.

Does anyone wear club colours on the train…what’s it like if so coz I want to for the final this year but also fancy getting there in one piece…

I paid £25 to park on a drive about 10 minutes' walk away. I've done the park-and-ride from the tube before now, and the queues at the stations to get away can't be any worse than the traffic near the stadium. Also don't want to be in the queue with a bunch of rags again.

The usual way. It’s less than an hour to drive if traffic isn’t bad, so it will be more than an hour…

Got an arrangement to park on someone’s drive not far from the stadium - think I’m their best customer. I also park there for stadium gigs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.