How can people still be negative about mancini?

bluemoondays said:
"All he did was what I expected for spending that amount of cash"

That's pretty much the nub of the argument.

Also, worth pointing out that Mancini is currently at loggerheads with Cook and Marwood because he wants another 100 million plus to spend this summer. Talk about a cheque book manager...

I can't fathom the people who seemingly are so soft in the centre that they can't handle having their own perceptions of Mancini challenged. He's done some good things and some bad things as manager - but ultimately he's met the targets that were set him. He's got to be praised for that. But that isn't going to change the perception many of us have that he's massively overrated and as you quote above, has done what was expected after the money spent.

If the expectation is that all those who didn't rate Mancini two weeks ago are going to suddenly flip flop because the arse has fallen out of Spurs and Arsenal's season, and we've won the FA Cup, then that expectation is misguided.

You see I managed to write that entire post without calling anyone a clown, without foaming at the mouth, and most importantly, without trying to make out that I'm a bigger Blue than anyone else...

Because even though we may get third and we've won a trophey, some of us believe that most managers with our squad should be able to do the same and with more flair and entertainment. How many of us stood in the kippax watching Brian hortins men win 4-3 or get beat 5-1 and thought, fuck me what a game and didn't give a shit that we won or lost cis we are blue through and through. So as I now live in oz and can't get to a game, have we sacrificed entertainment for trophies? Why can't we have both. I appreciate what he has done for the club in attracting the bigger names, but finishing 3rd at best with the best squad in the league isn't that fantastic is it?

glen quagmire said:
I, just for the life of me can't understand, what reason certain posters still feel the need to cane bobby. I thought the general understanding was that we WERE all blues, wether crying in the stands under ball, or floating down wembley way under bobby?

The fella has delivered our first MAJOR trophy in 35 years, 3rd place in the world's hardest league, is in our hands, we have never looked more solid defensively and has proved that the big ego's in the dressing room are not bigger than the club.

What has this guy got to do to win people over? Win the prem, european cup, fa cup, cure cancer, crush the taliban, sort out the economy or maybe buy all our ST's next term?

I have caned him all season but he's achieved his mandate so he deserves another year, even though any half decent manager should have been able to achieve what he has considering the vast outlay on players.

I actually do think we should have been challenging for the title though considering how piss poor Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs have been this year and the fact that we haven't is because we have respected those teams too much when we've played them. Mancini is to blame for that.

However, as I've said, he's achieved what we set out to achieve so you have to give the man another year to prove the doubters such as me wrong.

I think, that like George Graham at Spurs, some City fans will never accept Roberto. Although he never managed our 'local' rivals some blues have an instinctive dislike for Mancini which I have never quite understood.

What saddens me about this more than anything is the fact that I get the feeling that many of these individuals are just biding their time waiting for another opportunity for them to be vindicated. I must stress at this stage that many of the anti-Mancini crew have been magnanimous over the last few days so this isn't a universal issue.

I always said that whoever won us that trophy, irrespective of that they did before or after that, would go down in City folklore and would be someone who I would be eternally grateful to. I think the vast majority of City fans would share that view.

I think the only bad thing about the takeover is that it has brought out a sense of ungratefulness and entitlement in a small minority of our supporters, but it is their loss if they can't even enjoy themselves at this wonderful time to be a City fan.

BillyShears said:
You see I managed to write that entire post without calling anyone a clown

Ironic considering that's what you have called Mancini a number of times.

Glen it's all about pride mate. Admitting you were wrong is a very difficult thing to do when you've been so adamant about something.

No idea!
Those wishing for Jose to take over are obviously keen to see what defensive negative football really is about!
He did it at Chelsea, Inter and now at Madrid.
Effective but in no way ever entertaining.

Having stopped us shipping goals for fun (which was definitely a priority) we are now starting to see a really creative style of play from RM.
Wouldn't swap him for anybody....

jay_mcfc said:
BillyShears said:

Glen it's all about pride mate. Admitting you were wrong is a very difficult thing to do when you've been so adamant about something.

He wasn't wrong. In your opinion he was, but in mine, he wasn't.

Mancini's record against the big clubs over this last twelve months is awful and that's because we have played for draws instead of going for wins. If that changes next year, then we're wrong. Until then, the jury is out!:)

We could have been fighting to attain the coveted League and Cup Double this weekend had the manager utilised a different approach in many of the games.

jay_mcfc said:
BillyShears said:

On occasion it has been warranted,and,in equal measure,so has the praise.

Good post Billy.

BillyShears said:
bluemoondays said:
"All he did was what I expected for spending that amount of cash"

That's pretty much the nub of the argument.

Also, worth pointing out that Mancini is currently at loggerheads with Cook and Marwood because he wants another 100 million plus to spend this summer. Talk about a cheque book manager...
However the much mentioned Mourinho is hardly known as a shoe string extrodinaire?!

DD said:
jay_mcfc said:
BillyShears said:

He wasn't wrong. In your opinion he was, but in mine, he wasn't.

Mancini's record against the big clubs over this last twelve months is awful and that's because we have played for draws instead of going for wins. If that changes next year, then we're wrong. Until then, the jury is out!:)

We could have been fighting to attain the coveted League and Cup Double this weekend had the manager utilised a different approach in many of the games.

Or we still could not !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.