How can the manager lift morale?

I wonder what Brian Clough would do?

Pick the right players in the right positions and make them feel like world beaters I guess.

BibbyBlue85 said:
Its a tough one mate. I can see the morale is low myself and can't put my finger on why. I think the semi loss has left us deflated. We were using the same system away to Wolves and at home to Blackburn and Stoke (mancini's first game) and it worked really well but since the defeat in the semi we have looked so low it's unreal. Maybe the game on Sunday will blow the cobwebs away and we can get our confidence back in time for Chelsea and Spurs.

I'm sorry mate, but your wrong about the Wolves game...they were all over us like a rash he had to change the shape of the team before we started to take control...he used that stupid 'tip-tap' football & it didn't work. Wolves were like an onslaught...

fat boy blue said:
How can the manager lift morale?

get the players to log on to bluemoon, its just one big party on here at the moment
all those positive vibes would boost morale no end

Guess it's not just me who hopes that no players view this site, guessing some do though....... shame a lot of supporters on here miss the support part.

The more I think about it, the more I am realising what a huge game this is on Sunday.

I think it will define the rest of the season.

A defeat will kill belief on and off the pitch and it could be a long slippery slope to the Europa League from there.

A win will invigorate everyone.

"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less."
General Eric Shinseki, Chief of Staff, U.S. Army

This applies to many on here more so than the few in the squad who are struggling to adapt to a new more successful mentality.

bellamyblue said:
BibbyBlue85 said:
Its a tough one mate. I can see the morale is low myself and can't put my finger on why. I think the semi loss has left us deflated. We were using the same system away to Wolves and at home to Blackburn and Stoke (mancini's first game) and it worked really well but since the defeat in the semi we have looked so low it's unreal. Maybe the game on Sunday will blow the cobwebs away and we can get our confidence back in time for Chelsea and Spurs.

I'm sorry mate, but your wrong about the Wolves game...they were all over us like a rash he had to change the shape of the team before we started to take control...he used that stupid 'tip-tap' football & it didn't work. Wolves were like an onslaught...

I tend to disagree, we gave the ball away a few times which put us in the shit. He switched the formation and it worked. We scored three but could have had 6 if you look at bellamy's 2 misses and Tevez's miss which would have been goal of the season. It shows if we are confident we can play in the formation Mancini plays, we just need to up the tempo. Each time we do this we look dangerous

Didsbury Dave said:

Pick the right players in the right positions and make them feel like world beaters I guess.

Brian Clough would have stuck two fingers up at the muppets that were on Robinho's case, and stated publicly that he was 100% behind his best player. He would have given him games to fully recover from his injury problem and regain match fitness, and by now we'd have a fit and firing Robinho ready to unleash at the scousers. This would have improved morale around the place no end. As it is we look forward to fielding three defensive midfielders, with the likes of Stevie Ireland and SWP sat on the bench looking miserable.

hgblue said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Brian Clough would have stuck two fingers up at the muppets that were on Robinho's case, and stated publicly that he was 100% behind his best player. He would have given him games to fully recover from his injury problem and regain match fitness, and by now we'd have a fit and firing Robinho ready to unleash at the scousers. This would have improved morale around the place no end. As it is we look forward to fielding three defensive midfielders, with the likes of Stevie Ireland and SWP sat on the bench looking miserable.
Get over it, he's gone.

Didsbury Dave said:
It is my belief that morale is very low in the City camp at the moment. The change of manager, the stories of Mancini being a fill-in, losing the cup semi, some unglamourous ties, a string of dull performances, the inexplicable exclusion of quality players and also the constant system changes.
I may be wrong but I don't believe so. I think the players look confused and unhappy on the park. You can read their body language when passes go astray or there are no options to hit. I think the subs look frustrated on the bench. I think the individual performances are often substandard.

So what do we do about this? Wat should Mancini do? Any suggestions to get us playing like a team?
Exclusion of quality players and system changes?

Don't agree that's happened, but if you want to improve the morale of the players, how about the fans get behind the team, and do what fans are supposed to do?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.