How can we address these bad performances?

Occam's Razor:

1. City give the ball away cheaply

2. City can't get the ball back without pressers

3. Without Stones or Rico (or Gundo) in the game, we're lacking control in the middle alongside Rodri.

People hated Pep's pausa tactics but our last 4 games have been end to end and we've lost points in 3 of them.

Maybe just maybe Pep know what's talking about more than us!
Pep is off his game recently

I don't think the performances are bad per se. We still dominate the opposition. We are the current champions of the EPL and Europe and treble winners. Teams are reserving their best performances for games against us. Spurs worked incredibly hard for 95 minutes, something they did not do in their previous 3 games. We need to take more of our chances perhaps.

Don't panic, we are still in contention.

Just to say, we didn't lose. We've had exciting draws with some sloppy mistakes.

Just heard that someone I know was found in the city centre and sadly passed away. There's more to football and we shouldn't get so wound up over draw.

I don't think the performances are bad per se.
They're not, we should have been 4 or 5-1 up at half time yesterday, arguably 4 or 5-0 if Doku could defend. Terrible finishing and a terrible bit of defending, yet we were still winning.

The second half some players looked tired to me, and we definitely slacked off, and given there was more terrible finishing and defending, it's not surprising they got the draw.

We'd have lost that game a couple of years ago.

I don't think the performances are bad per se. We still dominate the opposition. We are the current champions of the EPL and Europe and treble winners. Teams are reserving their best performances for games against us. Spurs worked incredibly hard for 95 minutes, something they did not do in their previous 3 games. We need to take more of our chances perhaps.

We have scored 11 goals in last 4 games so scoring is not a problem
We have conceded 10 in those games,that’s the problem.You will always miss chances created but our defence record of late is below our usual standards

Pep has decided to go with Alvarez and Haaland which leaves us short in midfield and is exposing the back four. I don't think this is particularly controversial. So we are making lots of chances but are also less secure defensively. Pep has the option to bench Alvarez and shore up the midfield which is what I'd do, but I'm not one of the best coaches that's ever lived so what do I know?

When was the last time we had a dominant 90 minute (100 minute) performance ? Rags away ? There have been very few this season where we have looked in full control for the whole game.

Pep has decided to go with Alvarez and Haaland which leaves us short in midfield and is exposing the back four. I don't think this is particularly controversial. So we are making lots of chances but are also less secure defensively. Pep has the option to bench Alvarez and shore up the midfield which is what I'd do, but I'm not one of the best coaches that's ever lived so what do I know?

He doesn't really have the option while Kovacic, Nunes & Stones have been out, the obvious solution is Rico at inverted full back but seems Kyle has it written into his new deal he has to play every game.

Any team missing Kev, Stones, and suffering the loss of Mahrez and Gundogan, are going to take a while to pull things together.

One thing I've not really seen mentioned, is just how young our side is. I've not done the average age, as I'm not too bothered about that, but when you look at our front 4 from yesterday, Haaland 23, Foden 23, Doku, 21 and Alvarez 23.

We then have Gvardiol who is 21, and even Dias and Rodri are only 26 and 27.

Perhaps we are just lacking that little bit of experience to pull them together, which Gundogan and Kev did so well.

We've a great group of players, who will grow together over the years; but for now we could do with a little bit more tactical nous at times, which I'd hope we will gain when Kev and John are back.

Not bad performances, just individual errors, whether giving the ball away, rash challenges or missing sitters .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.