How do I ethically buy a pedigree dog?

The kennel club have a list of licensed breeders in your area. Licensed breeders are checked out by the local council. Pups must be kennel club registered. It is important that you can see both parents too. If that is not possible at least speak to stud dog owner and check out paperwork dates, pedigrees and validity of said mating is genuine.

Dogs Home, Harpurhey if it’s still going?

We got a beautiful Golden Retriever from there in 1982 and apparently it had just arrived so we took it on and a mighty fine animal it turned out to be. Always a sad sight as you get to the end cages and the poor dogs are doing every trick in the book they can just to get owned. Last cage we came to was an ugly mongrel on a microphone singing My Way : /

Harpurhey dogs do it best.

Last edited:
Me, the kids and the Mrs all want a dog to add to our two cats and have decided on a golden Labrador, however, we don't have a clue were to buy one. I've heard lots of reports of unethical sellers who 'farm' these dogs and knock them out for a profit. I want to buy a healthy, happy, loved puppy from a reputable source and be confident knowing that I've purchased from someone who's first priority was the dog they're selling to me.

Can anyone recommend a reputable source?
Have you had a puppy before?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.