How do we resolve the Brexit mess?

I don't a twopenny damn about giving up the £. Cash is less and less important and the electronic way of paying for things works just as well with Euros, as indeed it would with Chinese Yen. With the Euro, we could do real testing of value against other European countries, and it would be obvious to everyone when we were being ripped off.

Bring it on!

I don't a twopenny damn about giving up the £. Cash is less and less important and the electronic way of paying for things works just as well with Euros, as indeed it would with Chinese Yen. With the Euro, we could do real testing of value against other European countries, and it would be obvious to everyone when we were being ripped off.

Bring it on!
Yen is Japanese.
Yuan ¥ is Chinese (also known as RMB - renminbi).

Jeez……if only we could have seen this coming!!

My neighbour who worked at NISSAN Sunderland retired at the end of last year. He has spent 7 years telling me that despite what NISSAN's press office puts out the plant was fucked by Brexit. All his former Brexity colleagues who live in the area can see the massive reduction in production levels - contractors and part timers cut and let go - for those who work there from the local area there is little or nothing else to replace it. 40 years ago mining started to go by the late 80's ship building was done now another major industry will die off - the one that was to replace the others.
At least they all knew what they were voting for eh?

My neighbour who worked at NISSAN Sunderland retired at the end of last year. He has spent 7 years telling me that despite what NISSAN's press office puts out the plant was fucked by Brexit. All his former Brexity colleagues who live in the area can see the massive reduction in production levels - contractors and part timers cut and let go - for those who work there from the local area there is little or nothing else to replace it. 40 years ago mining started to go by the late 80's ship building was done now another major industry will die off - the one that was to replace the others.
At least they all knew what they were voting for eh?

I can still vividly remember the far right fascists in the polling centre in Sunderland celebrating the exit poll on TV.

Fuck em. They deserve their demise.

I can still vividly remember the far right fascists in the polling centre in Sunderland celebrating the exit poll on TV.

Fuck em. They deserve their demise.

Having lived in the North East for just over 25 years I have a fondness for the area but dear god the ignorance of so many of its people has always astounded me. For starters in the run up to the referendum there were items on the local news and folk from Sunderland and Hartlepool all cited immigration as their reason to be pro-Brexit. Then if you googled it you would see that only a fraction - yep A FRACTION - of one percent of people who lived there were born outside the UK.

I don't agree with them but I do understand the concerns of people in Kent because of their proximity to the crossings being made. However when I think of them I wonder why their ire isn't directed at their MP's and Govt for collapsing the immigration system in on itself and making it such a massive issue.

In the scheme of things small but I spent Friday morning chasing around Edinburgh trying to source my wife’s cancer drug. Shortages in the Uk. Reason……….

Bring it on!
That’s a fair point. A few years ago I would have been bothered about losing the pound but these days I never use cash anyway and with the pound not far from parity to the euro I doubt I’d even notice.

That’s a fair point. A few years ago I would have been bothered about losing the pound but these days I never use cash anyway and with the pound not far from parity to the euro I doubt I’d even notice.
Losing the pound might teach a few cunts a bit of humility.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.