How do we resolve the Brexit mess?

Well I can't argue with that. So it would be more difficult here - does that mean we don't even try?

"A country or continent without borders soon becomes someone else's"

Simple solution is to allow applications for asylum in France (already agreed by France) but the Tories wont... this coupled with the increased security at the ferry ports is what's driving the increase in small boats

We are also a signatory to the UN Refugee convention of 1951 (we helped draft it) which clearly states the rights of an asylum seeker

If the Government really wanted change they should be looking to the UN for it ... but they're not are they?

IIRC the last major change we managed to get implemented was the UKs right to deport immigrants who committed an offence and sentenced to 12 months in jail (Thank the Labour party for that in 2007.... and yet the people still think that the Labour party is all for ''open borders'' and will let anyone in )

Fair enough. Now he can't put any claims in I could see him having to tell them that they are going to have to share accomodation but I'm not sure they would fit in bunk beds.
Just looked up where he lives. It’s in the county, but by the skin if its teeth. It’s basically a satellite hamlet of Banbury. It’s akin to the MP for Winsford living in Alderley Edge.

Very calculated purchase.

Is that even a real person?

She doesn't even seem to have an online presence. A twitter account/linkedin.

I knew you must have read that article because I'd already searched that quote.

Didn't think you'd actually admit it though.
It would appear that she is actually called Crystal Love (says it in the article) and she is the author of a few books about mysticism and other weird shit. Perfectly qualified to be an Express contributor on the subject of Europe and migration!

It would appear that she is actually called Crystal Love (says it in the article) and she is the author of a few books about mysticism and other weird shit. Perfectly qualified to be an Express contributor on the subject of Europe and migration!

So what you are saying she will write any old shit as long as gullible morons buy it?

Thanks. I didn't bother to actually read past the headline of the article because it's the express.

Sounds like a name she got through deed poll. Maybe a relation of Buddy Love in the Nutty professor? :)

Simple solution is to allow applications for asylum in France (already agreed by France) but the Tories wont... this coupled with the increased security at the ferry ports is what's driving the increase in small boats

We are also a signatory to the UN Refugee convention of 1951 (we helped draft it) which clearly states the rights of an asylum seeker

If the Government really wanted change they should be looking to the UN for it ... but they're not are they?

IIRC the last major change we managed to get implemented was the UKs right to deport immigrants who committed an offence and sentenced to 12 months in jail (Thank the Labour party for that in 2007.... and yet the people still think that the Labour party is all for ''open borders'' and will let anyone in )
There was something on the radio the other morning where the UNHCR have offered funding to countries to support refugees and would cover approx half the cost. Not surprisingly, the Tory government refused the funding and decided to spend even more money to get no further.

Is that even a real person?

She doesn't even seem to have an online presence. A twitter account/linkedin.

I knew you must have read that article because I'd already searched that quote.

Didn't think you'd actually admit it though.

Well, I suppose when I typed the quote I did so without mentioning the source because I have noticed on here that if you hint you read that paper (or the Daily Mail, or the Telegraph) you immediately get judged!

However, you asked me where I got it from, so I am not going to hide it.

For the record, I am in a state of total despair with this government. Probably from a different angle than most people on here*, but that is to be expected. I bet if records were to exist as to the age profiles of bluemoon members it would show most to be younger rather than older. You don’t get many pensioners chatting online about football or the latest Star Wars thing on Disney+ or videogames do you? It is a well known fact that most people when younger are for the left, anti-Brexit pro-Labour, whilst the older generations are more on the other side of the political divide including pro-Brexit. Analysis after the referendum certainly showed that. I not only remember when City were rubbish I am actually old enough to remember when they were great before they were rubbish!

Can I also state that I liked the headline and some of the stuff she wrote in the article, but even I was rolling my eyes at the last bit when she starts to go on about the Kalergi plan. I mean it might be happening, just because of globalisation and the way people are trying to move to where they think they can get a better life, but I doubt there is some secret plan driving it forward.

But I think this makes sense: “…it is unsustainable to think that Europe can solve this international crisis alone. With the birth rate spiralling globally, there will be no end in sight as millions and millions more people flee for a better life as the inevitable conflict for resources escalates.

Whilst Europe has done its best to cope, taking the bulk of African and Asian migration, there seems an unwillingness to tackle the root causes of the problem or the results of those problems politically.

As far as the UK is concerned, it is a very small island and cannot allow its borders to be continually breached by undocumented migrants from France most of whom are young men now staying in hotels at your expense. And where are the women and children?

One might also ask where is the Royal Navy, whose historic duty it is to protect our sea borders?

However, this current problem which is affecting this small nation so drastically both financially and socially, is a direct result of the Schengen Agreement and the disbanding of borders throughout Europe. Now anyone can enter the European land mass, travel straight to Calais and on to Dover. We are suffering because of the policies of the EU and their lack of vision and foresight.”

I know this will get me some ‘grief’ - gosh just acknowledging I read the Daily Express did that! but I hope this site is one for free speech (as long as it is not hate speech) and we can discuss the issue(s).

*P.S. When I say I despair at the ineffectiveness of this government, it is true, but some days I think: can they really be this bad? or are forces ranged against them - possibly even people who still feel aggrieved about what happened in 2016. People who prevent stuff getting done and block or delay at every opportunity out of spite and to ensure there is a change of leadership, after the next General Election.

Well, I suppose when I typed the quote I did so without mentioning the source because I have noticed on here that if you hint you read that paper (or the Daily Mail, or the Telegraph) you immediately get judged!

However, you asked me where I got it from, so I am not going to hide it.

For the record, I am in a state of total despair with this government. Probably from a different angle than most people on here*, but that is to be expected. I bet if records were to exist as to the age profiles of bluemoon members it would show most to be younger rather than older. You don’t get many pensioners chatting online about football or the latest Star Wars thing on Disney+ or videogames do you? It is a well known fact that most people when younger are for the left, anti-Brexit pro-Labour, whilst the older generations are more on the other side of the political divide including pro-Brexit. Analysis after the referendum certainly showed that. I not only remember when City were rubbish I am actually old enough to remember when they were great before they were rubbish!

Can I also state that I liked the headline and some of the stuff she wrote in the article, but even I was rolling my eyes at the last bit when she starts to go on about the Kalergi plan. I mean it might be happening, just because of globalisation and the way people are trying to move to where they think they can get a better life, but I doubt there is some secret plan driving it forward.

But I think this makes sense: “…it is unsustainable to think that Europe can solve this international crisis alone. With the birth rate spiralling globally, there will be no end in sight as millions and millions more people flee for a better life as the inevitable conflict for resources escalates.

Whilst Europe has done its best to cope, taking the bulk of African and Asian migration, there seems an unwillingness to tackle the root causes of the problem or the results of those problems politically.

As far as the UK is concerned, it is a very small island and cannot allow its borders to be continually breached by undocumented migrants from France most of whom are young men now staying in hotels at your expense. And where are the women and children?

One might also ask where is the Royal Navy, whose historic duty it is to protect our sea borders?

However, this current problem which is affecting this small nation so drastically both financially and socially, is a direct result of the Schengen Agreement and the disbanding of borders throughout Europe. Now anyone can enter the European land mass, travel straight to Calais and on to Dover. We are suffering because of the policies of the EU and their lack of vision and foresight.”

I know this will get me some ‘grief’ - gosh just acknowledging I read the Daily Express did that! but I hope this site is one for free speech (as long as it is not hate speech) and we can discuss the issue(s).

*P.S. When I say I despair at the ineffectiveness of this government, it is true, but some days I think: can they really be this bad? or are forces ranged against them - possibly even people who still feel aggrieved about what happened in 2016. People who prevent stuff getting done and block or delay at every opportunity out of spite and to ensure there is a change of leadership, after the next General Election.
I don’t think anybody should get grief for having an opinion/belief as long as they are willing to debate the issues raised.

As for your post, I’m not sure I even want to debate it anymore. The issue you cite has well trodden with the incumbent government failing on all counts, costing the public billions. There’s very little that can be said that already hasn’t and until a change of government, we’ll just get the same old divisive rhetoric that gets us no further.

I bet if records were to exist as to the age profiles of bluemoon members it would show most to be younger rather than older. You don’t get many pensioners chatting online about football or the latest Star Wars thing on Disney+ or videogames do you?
You're not from round these parts are you? This forum is a f.o.c. Playground.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.