How do we resolve the Brexit mess?

You said ‘everyone’ is happy with access to the single market. That is plainly incorrect, hence why we are no longer in it. Plenty of militant Brexiteers were, and remain opposed to us being associated with the SM, for ideological, if not economic grounds. Some people are instinctively opposed to being tied to the EU by any means.

They are, of course, mad cunts.

We have left because of the restrictions imposed, I don't know a brexiteer who doesn't want to trade with Europe at all.

Of course it’s great but it’s only deluded numpties that think it’s some sort of Brexit victory.

No one has claimed it as a victory, no one.

Like I said, had this been bad news we would have had page after page of numpties using it to suit their own narratives but balance and this forum don’t mix sadly.

Despite post after post telling us the car industry here was dead and every manufacturer would leave, it isn’t and they haven’t.

All we have had is the usual with their “yeah but….”

Balance.

Like I said, had this been bad news we would have had page after page of numpties using it to suit their own narratives but balance and this forum don’t mix sadly.

Despite post after post telling us the car industry here was dead and every manufacturer would leave, it isn’t and they haven’t.

Balance.
Yeah, but …

Isn't the patriotic thing to want the best for your country? That was being on the EU.

it's the sense of national identification that patriotism brings which doesn't align with being dictated to by the EU on law. I don't mind it to be honest.

Balance.
True.
Production is only 60% down since the vote.

Balance.
Of course it's good news. 4000 people keeping their jobs that were at risk is great news for them, their families, and their community. Plus every job at a "top predator" site like BMW/Mini creates up to 10 other jobs in the economy.

But the decision is partly influenced by the pandemic and there is a general move within a lot of industries to diversify from China and spread the risk globally. It's as much "luck" as judgement that the plant didn't close.

it's the sense of national identification that patriotism brings which doesn't align with being dictated to by the EU on law. I don't mind it to be honest.

That will be "dictated to by the EU on law" - as in laws we always had a big part of wording, making and emulating and even being able to word the law and then getting an opt out coz it didn't suit us anyway.

Slightly off topic.
A lot of Wilkos problems are of their own making.
Overly ambitious,(and greedy)owners pissing away the legacy left to them by their family.

Wife used to be a manager with them.
Wilko are simply Woolworths, just a bit later with slightly different products. The internet and supermarkets have killed everything.

supplementary question - name 3 laws imposed on the UK AGAINST OUR WILL as a member state .......................................

No I thought not

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.