How do you assess our transfer business?

Honestly blues just right off this season.

Get top 4 I’m happy but with pep we could still win the league.

to many unknowns on & off the pitch. Too many players coming to an end inc peps contract.

let’s plan for 21/22 season with new manager & about 5 new players

the club are right not splashing the cash now

If we sign Koulibaly, it will have been a good window.

I still maintain that Gundogan is a massive blind spot for Pep and replacing him with either a pure 6 or 8 would make this squad infinitely more balanced. He doesn’t really fall into either role in this team in my opinion. My first move this summer would have been to sell him and bought someone far more suited to this side. I think we will see some of the same issues this season as this is something that just hasn’t been addressed.

I don’t think that LB is as much of a problem as others think and with our options we will be fine. Cancelo looked good there, Mendy showed glimpses of his previous pre-injury form and Ake is a solid defensive option. I would prefer the club take stock given the lack of options and see how they fare with a newly freshened up back line with genuine pace.

Last edited:
Get Koulibaly we have everything we need , anything else is a bonus. We'll have the deepest squad and win the league.

For me it is all about the CB position. That is the be all and end all for this transfer window. I said weeks before the end of last season that if Garcia wasn't 4th or 5th choice CB by the start of next season, we would have had a terrible window. At this moment in time, there is every chance he starts our 1st Prem game.

When we won the league by a single point with 98 points, it was a poor decision by Pep/the club not to replace Kompany. To then finish 2nd and a distant 2nd at that, you have to sign more than Ake and Torres to be serious about challenging for the title again. The ambition Chelsea have shown in the transfer market, is the exact same ambition we should be showing and instead we have bought a back up CB and a kid.

We are forever hearing from the club how they don't make snap decisions where transfers are concerned and instead we plan months in advance, well I don't have a clue what they've been doing for the past few months. Currently our transfer windows are getting progressively worse, which beggars belief when we have the best manager in the world at the helm.

I know the window is still open but at this point it is hard to imagine us pulling off 2 or 3 big signings in the next 3 weeks. A top-class CB signing is the absolute minimum we require, without it, we can kiss bye bye to a title challenge before the end of October.

If I was a teacher, Txiki would get a grade of I for “Incomplete.”

Wake me up in 2 weeks, and let’s see if I can update the grade.
How can he get an incomplete if the deadline for handing in his school work hasn’t approached.
Jesus we’re living in a changed time, let’s just see where we are at the closing of the window.

Honestly blues just right off this season.

Get top 4 I’m happy but with pep we could still win the league.

to many unknowns on & off the pitch. Too many players coming to an end inc peps contract.

let’s plan for 21/22 season with new manager & about 5 new players

the club are right not splashing the cash now
Are u serious, wow.
If KK on board that’s last years major problem sorted.
Peps final year main issue, I agree with you on that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.