How do you assess our transfer business?

Pep doesn't like to talk about transfers but the way he spoke seemed like they could go into season as it is.

Queue January panic release clause for a centre back paid!

That’s my take on it. The impact of the pandemic means that there’ll most likely be more value towards the end of the window which is three weeks off. Your lot will definitely dive in before then although I don’t see £90/100m deals happening in this climate. That said, it looked like you were having a serious go at Messi so who knows? I don’t think for one second though that you’ll come out of this transfer window without any more additions.
We're like Liverpool before you bought Van Dijk. Messi seems to have distracted City from the key objective of replacing Kompany which we have so far failed to do.

no why finish the summer with 50 million only spend.

I think 2 players more will come.

We're like Liverpool before you bought Van Dijk. Messi seems to have distracted City from the key objective of replacing Kompany which we have so far failed to do.

It’s nigh on impossible to replace a player like that. They’re not only technically brilliant, it’s the galvanising of those around them on the pitch and on the terraces. These players don’t come fully formed, they evolve into that role. Laporte is as good a centre half as Kompany was in my book, but nowhere near the leader that De Bruyne is for example. The biggest issue is that there’s a dearth of top drawer CBs available at the moment. Napoli know that only too well which is why Koulibaly won’t go for a song even in these times. The biggest surprise for me personally is that none of the youth CBs are deemed worthy enough for significant game time. That said, I haven’t seen a great deal of them. Be very surprised though if they don’t bring at least one in before the window shuts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.