How do you cope with nerves during a big game at home

Had a drink pre game but find it doesn't do much for the nerves, so made a cup of tea at half time which definitely helped.

Get angry,anxious,shout,swear. Say FFS a hell of a lot.
Our dog just picks up my mood and does one out the room.

Today has been bad. Working from half 8. Finish at 5.
Walk. Wine open at half 6.
I'm now in bed with more wine knowing we have to do it again on 3 days, and his tight the CL schedule is.
But fuck me do I love it

Lots of little rituals around where I sit, what I wear, etc. If things are going wrong mid-match, then I try changing some of these.

All superstitious nonsense, of course, but gives me some illusion of being able to control things !

Luckily these days, it works out right for City 9 times out of 10.

Scotch, stream(s) and silence… until we score then the shouting alerts the neighbours to who’s scored and whether we’re winning!

Like you I have loads of City shirts, so if we win I'll wear the same shirt for the next match.
If we lose, that shirt goes to the back of the queue
When we kick off, I won't change position on the chair or sofa in case I jinx things
Mrs flyer has proven to be an absolute Jonah, and is not allowed to watch any part of the match. She is a blue, but knows this is the right thing to do for the sake of us all

Pace. Grasp my lucky underwear. Try not to actually pull it out of my pants.

As most of the games over here are before drinkin' time, I am not worried about that during the match. But if/when City win, I have some drinkie-poos.
And if they lose....I have some drinkie-poos...;(

CL games over here (and some PL games) are at 3PM EST which is approaching the end of my work day. (East Coast USA) but today, I took some time off.

Looks like I will be doing it again, Thank God. :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.