How do you like your eggs?

It's all in the quality of the eggs not in the technique.
Buy the freshest eggs you can get hold off, direct from a poultry farm / farm shop are best. The ones from supermarkets have been sitting around for weeks and the molecular structure has deteriorated to a point where poaching is difficult, if not impossible.
Not noticed that myself. The only tricks I use are vinegar in the water and stir the water with a spoon to create a whirlpool so when the eggs are put in the white doesn’t spread out too much. Plus drain properly otherwise the toast goes soggy with water.

Not noticed that myself. The only tricks I use are vinegar in the water and stir the water with a spoon to create a whirlpool so when the eggs are put in the white doesn’t spread out too much. Plus drain properly otherwise the toast goes soggy with water.
Line a small cup/ramekin with clingfilm, grease with small amount of oil, crack the egg into it, lift the clingfilm in four corners & tie together, lower into the pan & cook, works every time, no mess no watery eggs

Haha….first time for everything, I think it’s my inner Delia coming out, I only have what you’d call ramekins because I went through a stage of buying those melting cheese pots that you just whack in the oven & dip crusty bread in, I’ve got about 50 (similar to tapas dishes)
I had to google it and realised we had one once. We just called them little pots, never knew they had a name. Lol!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.