How Do You Solve A Problem Like Mancini?

lionheart said:
Easy, just tell him to give the boys more shooting practice, preferably involving moving obstacles. If we could shoot on sight (like Bale and RVP), the chances are that more goals will be scored. In their defence, at least Yaya and Milner did try occasionally. Practice makes perfect.

That's revolutionary, bet he never thought about shooting practice!

nevilletogoater-in said:
Try giving ourselves a fighting chance for a start. He waited 20mins before taking Tevez off for Dzeko. Then another 5 before changing Koko Toure for Barry and then the genius of taking off Garcia and purring Lescott up front.

Surely we would have had a better chance with Tevez, Aguero and Dzeko on the pitch?

His tactics are really starting to piss me off. He's almost as bad as Pearce

Tevez was ill.<br /><br />-- Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:43 am --<br /><br />
Balti said:
hmmm tough one but mebber you let him carry on doing this:

[bigimg]http://nav.thefa.com/~/media/Images/TheFA/Website/Pillars/Competitions/The%20FA%20Cup/Season%202010-11/TheFinal/Roberto-Mancini-FA-Cup.ashx/Roberto-Mancini-FA-Cup.jpg?bc=Black&as=1&db=web&thn=0[/bigimg]
Roberto+Mancini+Manchester+City+v+Chelsea+w6aDyvA5uGUl.jpg

3876560215-13052012183504.jpg

mancini_2035028c.jpg

Trouble is some on here have a very short memory

My two penny worth. Problem with our play right now is fairly obviously our tempo. When our passing and movement is crisp and incisive we are brilliant as seen at Newcastle. When our passing is slow and movement is laboured we struggle as at Sunderland.

TEMPO is the key.

Bob is the only person who can solve the Bob problem.

Stop being so stubborn, have faith and trust in your players, pick the best 11 on merit and let them go out and play.

Rocket science it aint!

Gelsons Dad said:
onceabluealways said:
robbieh said:
Think he may need to see that what works in England is the united way. Even with a fairly average side they score loads due to the winger system they always play.

That does not mean we have to give up our more sophisticated approach. On the other hand Manicini would say and probably I would agree that had Maicon or Micah or Kolorov or Clichy been fit yesterday we would have won.
But hypothetically playing two midfileders permanently wide would allow more space for Silva and Nasri to operate in.

The question is which two players are best suited for this role?

Milner and Sinclair? With one striker presumambly Kun that leaves Barry, Yaya and Silva in the middle.

Whe you rely on the fullbacks for your width which is what we do - then when they are all injured it is time to bring in the natural winger you signed otherwise you have very limited attacking options and chance your arm.

Whoops that what he did and it didn't pay off. I'm not sure why sinclair never plays maybe mancini didn't want him but every team has some sort of width to their game - His stubbornness is costing us

I'm yet to see Sinclair make a single positive contribution on the pitch. I guess that's why he's not on it very often.

True, but he has to have some games and more importantly he needs to played on the right, everytime he has come on (I know not often) he has played on the left, he has to cut in and thats the end of the attack, we have to get some width in the side, Sinclair probably isn't the answer but he is what we have at the moment, he has some pace although he isn't the fastest, leave him out on the wing to do his job which is to stretch defences and get some crosses in.

David White wasn't the best footballer but he could run and cross with the best of them (he could also score great headers at the far post from Hinchcliffe corners).

blueyorkie said:
nevilletogoater-in said:
Try giving ourselves a fighting chance for a start. He waited 20mins before taking Tevez off for Dzeko. Then another 5 before changing Koko Toure for Barry and then the genius of taking off Garcia and purring Lescott up front.

Surely we would have had a better chance with Tevez, Aguero and Dzeko on the pitch?

Tevez was ill.

-- Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:43 am --

Balti said:

[bigimg]http://nav.thefa.com/~/media/Images/TheFA/Website/Pillars/Competitions/The%20FA%20Cup/Season%202010-11/TheFinal/Roberto-Mancini-FA-Cup.ashx/Roberto-Mancini-FA-Cup.jpg?bc=Black&as=1&db=web&thn=0[/bigimg]

mancini_2035028c.jpg

Fantasic moments got to through great play and hard work, I think what most people are saying though is that during this season so far, we haven't taken teams apart like the previous 2 seasons. Reasons for this are many not the least that teams have discovered how to play against us )10 men behind the ball) and that we don't break out with any pace, or have any real width. I've said it before but letting Zaba cross the majority of balls in just doesn't work. Don't get me wrong I love the guy but to be fair to him he isn't a winger and his crosses are often lofted - defenders bread and butter. We need to get back to pacey play and stretch teams with wide play. We will score more goals that way.

knuckles said:
blueyorkie said:
nevilletogoater-in said:

Tevez was ill.

-- Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:43 am --

Balti said:

mancini_2035028c.jpg

Fantasic moments got to through great play and hard work, I think what most people are saying though is that during this season so far, we haven't taken teams apart like the previous 2 seasons. Reasons for this are many not the least that teams have discovered how to play against us )10 men behind the ball) and that we don't break out with any pace, or have any real width. I've said it before but letting Zaba cross the majority of balls in just doesn't work. Don't get me wrong I love the guy but to be fair to him he isn't a winger and his crosses are often lofted - defenders bread and butter. We need to get back to pacey play and stretch teams with wide play. We will score more goals that way.

personally I can't disagree with that mate but we've had similar debate over Bobby and his tactics in the past and the guy has always come through tbf (the toughest groups in europe aside)

he's earned our trust and some patience in my opinion

With pep being untested outside of his comfort zone and Jose leaving a trail of destruction after 2 or 3 years genuinely don't think there is a better man for the job. Would love to watch a Klopp or Mazzari team week week out if we had to lose bobby and keep an eye on Laudrup for the future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.