How do you true blues feel about the enigmatic Mario Balotelli?

Unfortunately defenders know how to wind him up, and referees give Aguero more calls for simulation than they give for fouls against Mario so there is really no winning. Saw a quote of Joachim Loew saying that if he realized his potential, he probably could not be stopped by anyone; however he does far to little and those are only small moments in which he is awesome. Management will never bring him back, but his price is dropping so low, he would be a perfect 4th striker. I think the partnership he was developing with Sturridge would have produced more before Sturridges injury. Love the fact that The Brodge couldn't work his magic and change Mario like "he did" for Sterling (thanks for that Brendan BTW :)

I haven't given up on Mario, I think he will have a resurgence if he finds the right place.

Balotelli enigmatic? Yes.

1. difficult to interpret or understand; mysterious.
    "he took the money with an enigmatic smile"
    synonyms: mysterious, puzzling, hard to understand, mystifying, inexplicable, baffling, perplexing, bewildering, confusing, impenetrable, inscrutable, incomprehensible, unexplainable, unfathomable, indecipherable, Delphic, oracular;
    ambiguous, equivocal, paradoxical, sibylline, unaccountable, insoluble, obscure, elliptical, oblique;
    arcane, abstruse, recondite, secret, esoteric, occult, cryptic;
    informalas clear as mud

Unfortunately defenders know how to wind him up, and referees give Aguero more calls for simulation than they give for fouls against Mario so there is really no winning. Saw a quote of Joachim Loew saying that if he realized his potential, he probably could not be stopped by anyone; however he does far to little and those are only small moments in which he is awesome. Management will never bring him back, but his price is dropping so low, he would be a perfect 4th striker. I think the partnership he was developing with Sturridge would have produced more before Sturridges injury. Love the fact that The Brodge couldn't work his magic and change Mario like "he did" for Sterling (thanks for that Brendan BTW :)

I haven't given up on Mario, I think he will have a resurgence if he finds the right place.

The Brodge? Jesus Christ!

And as for working "his magic" on Sturridge, I think that had more to do with the fact that the greedy one was playing with Chewy and Raheem than anything the dentally challenged one ever did.

The fella is an immature fool.

He had the world at his feet and, Like George Best, blew it.

Likeable certainly, but unfortunately a liability for every club he's played for.

He will always have a special place in the huge majority of our hearts and played a massive part in our 2012 league win.
Mad as a box of frogs but I will always love the guy.
Good luck to him. He will need it.

just had a terrible thought,van gaal mentioned a surprise striker,well Mario would be a big surprise ,omg Mario is off to the rags,and the op has planted this thread to laugh at us,nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :)

just had a terrible thought,van gaal mentioned a surprise striker,well Mario would be a big surprise ,omg Mario is off to the rags,and the op has planted this thread to laugh at us,nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :)
I wouldn't worry fella.
Doubt even Van Gaal would be mad enough to sign Mario along with all his baggage at the moment. That would be a colossal gamble for him.

Mario had the raw talent to be the best striker on the planet. He's quick, strong and undeniably has the technique and audacity to score a lot of goals. The trouble was always his mentality. He knew he was good but he wasn't willing to prove it through hard work and commitment. That's what has held him back.

In terms of my opinion of him, I love him for his cheek and the drama and madness he brought to the club. He gave the club increased attention and his "why always me" t-shirt when he scored at the swamp was pure class.

He did let the club down at times in his attitude, but not as much as Tevez and some people on here think Tevez was a City legend. If he is then I suggest we build half his statue outside the stadium and the other half on a golf course in Argentina.

Anyway, watch the Agueroooooo goal and look at Mario slotting the ball to him... for that contribution alone he's got to be loved!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.