How far will the fall be before evasive action is taken?

There's 4 teams who are still in 4 competitions at the start of the season aren't there. And 20 that are in 3 competitions.

"Being in" the competition means fuck all to be honest and it's all meaningless hype. Unless you actually win any of them, it barely matters. (Granted, there could be a whiff of satisfaction if we progressed in the CL and lost in the final, for example. But you know what I mean.)

I agree with those that say at this rate we are going to win fuck all and on the back of winning fuck all last year as well, combined with the money spent, you'd have to say that was an unmitigated disaster.
I'm just worried about the wheels completely coming off at the moment, assuming they haven't already. The truth is I'd settle for 3rd in the league and no cups at this point although I'm sure that will have some calling me a tart or a surrender monkey etc.

Well ur not a fucking mod so get over it.
I stand by what I said.
If that shower finish above us it's a fucking disgrace.
Oh am I only allowed to put things you agree with

You stand by what you said? He should be shot? Best of luck finding anyone that agrees with that.

And that from someone who agrees that another poster needs a slap, grow up "big phil", pathetic.

Bit of a difference agreeing that someone needs a slap, to advocating shooting MP!

We're all mightily pissed off about Saturday, and most of us, me included, can see this season turning to shit pdq, but some of the rhetoric on here defies belief.

I'm just worried about the wheels completely coming off at the moment, assuming they haven't already. The truth is I'd settle for 3rd in the league and no cups at this point although I'm sure that will have some calling me a tart or a surrender monkey etc.
Tart
(i agree with you)

Come on mate it was tongue in cheek, there are a lot of valid points being made about the team and manager, some over the top yes but its all born out of frustration a lot of it.

Totally agree about the frustration flb, but at times on here it seems like a hatred competition for MP/Toure/Kolarov etc, with certain posters trying to outdo each other with the vitriol. Just think a sense of perspective is needed sometimes. I know we're playing shit, injuries are also taking their toll, but a win on Sunday (and a draw at the emirates) and we're within touching distance again. Who knows, hang on in there, get a few players back and maybe go on a 6 or 7 game winning streak and the season might turn out alright. Just a sense of perspective...

You stand by what you said? He should be shot? Best of luck finding anyone that agrees with that.
Totally agree suggesting the manager should be shot is well over the top. He should merely be chained to a radiator well away from the club until Pep arrives.

What are our realistic expectations based on where we are as a club?

- As far as the league is concerned, there aren't (or shouldn't be) two better teams than us. So top 2 in the PL.
- In the CL, there are three elite teams currently and a group just below them which we should be in (along with PSG, Juve, Chelsea, Atletico). So getting to the last 8 of the CL should be a realistic expectation.
- In the domestic cups, I'd expect, on average, the equivalent of the semi's in both competitions or at least a semi and quarter final. Obviously that's harder to judge as the draw is completely random but barring draws like Chelsea away then we should be beating most teams.

We certainly would expect to be in all bar the League Cup at this stage of a normal season. So the fact we're still in all 4 competitions should not be seen as some sort of pleasant surprise or the bettering of low expectations.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.