How far will the fall be before evasive action is taken?

if anything gets too drastic, Khaldoon and Mansoor can quite easily movtiate every player simply by kicking them out next year if they dont start playing better. Not many teams would want certain players on the money they get at City. Time for some to stop coasting.

but we were here with this predictiment last season around the same time somehow finished 2nd. So know knows ... could be top ... could be 8th ...

What are our realistic expectations based on where we are as a club?

- As far as the league is concerned, there aren't (or shouldn't be) two better teams than us. So top 2 in the PL.
- In the CL, there are three elite teams currently and a group just below them which we should be in (along with PSG, Juve, Chelsea, Atletico). So getting to the last 8 of the CL should be a realistic expectation.
- In the domestic cups, I'd expect, on average, the equivalent of the semi's in both competitions or at least a semi and quarter final. Obviously that's harder to judge as the draw is completely random but barring draws like Chelsea away then we should be beating most teams.

We certainly would expect to be in all bar the League Cup at this stage of a normal season. So the fact we're still in all 4 competitions should not be seen as some sort of pleasant surprise or the bettering of low expectations.
The 'still in 4 competitions' line was bandied about when it was still the group stages of the CL and before the FA cup had even started!! The clutching at straws argument to suggest everything is rosy.

we seem to overpay for almost every player we sign. strange decision not to sign top class CM last summer when it was clear with Yaya's decline last season that we needed one and its now biting us on the arse. Yaya past it, Fernando not up to it, Delph squad player. Fernandinho is the only one who is up to it consistently.

And he is 31 in May!

To sum up then we're in a real mess, but after years of careful planning we have secured the best manager in the world. Surely for gods sake the people in charge should have been monitoring the teams performances, the transfers and injury situations over the last year or so. Is there a great plan? Or are they just winging it?

What are our realistic expectations based on where we are as a club?

- As far as the league is concerned, there aren't (or shouldn't be) two better teams than us. So top 2 in the PL.
- In the CL, there are three elite teams currently and a group just below them which we should be in (along with PSG, Juve, Chelsea, Atletico). So getting to the last 8 of the CL should be a realistic expectation.
- In the domestic cups, I'd expect, on average, the equivalent of the semi's in both competitions or at least a semi and quarter final. Obviously that's harder to judge as the draw is completely random but barring draws like Chelsea away then we should be beating most teams.

We certainly would expect to be in all bar the League Cup at this stage of a normal season. So the fact we're still in all 4 competitions should not be seen as some sort of pleasant surprise or the bettering of low expectations.
Agree with everything you have said. Saying I would settle for 3rd and no cups is a reflection of my faith (or lack of) in the manager and certainly not a reflection of my expectations for the club. I think this season has been really poor but to be fair to Pellegrini, we have done well in the cups so far. It is the league where he is properly messing up, the problem being that the league is still by far the most important thing to the vast majority of fans, I would think.

To sum up then we're in a real mess, but after years of careful planning we have secured the best manager in the world. Surely for gods sake the people in charge should have been monitoring the teams performances, the transfers and injury situations over the last year or so. Is there a great plan? Or are they just winging it?

Personally i would consider being 7th and playing wank a real mess, right now we have "underachieved so far" i think would be more reasonable and accurate term.

Come now, ofc we have a long term plan, saying otherwise is a bit insincere i think.

Did you think we were in a real mess after the Everton game?

Did you think we were in a real mess after the Everton game?
The domestic cup games have been OK oddly enough. We've done well enough in them (even though we lost in what was our major test) but we've been completely uninspiring in the league games. Even in the league, we've got the best record against teams in the bottom half of the table.

It's so terrible being 4th in the league, in a cup final, still in two other cups. That pellegrini is rubbish! Man city are the only team allowed to win anything and if we don't win every game the manager should be sacked!
I'm so sick of our fans moaning. Wasn't so long ago Villa's predicament was ours.
The Leicester game was enjoyable to watch apart from the result. It seems lots of our fans think we have a god given right to win everything because we have bought a lot if players.
Winning competitions is not the norm for clubs the ecstasy of winning is created by the struggles and journey getting there. How boring to win every competition every year without challenge. Yet it is what most of you are desiring.
The abuse levelled at the manager and some players is shameful. I myself do not agree with lots of his decisions such as playing kolarov ahead of clichy in the last match knowing marheez was playing. Also toure for me is a number 10 now not a central midfield player as his legs have gone for that role but is still a goal threat. Still I will not start moaning and abusing players and the manager over it.
Get a grip and enjoy the season the moaning is pathetic as our the unrealistic expectations there are 4 trophies to play for we won't win them every year. Get used to it. Even Barcelona don't do that.
Maybe you need to get a grip Bombo. It is indeed shameful to hurl abuse at the manager and players and we should refrain from this inside and outside the stadium. However, to trot out this four trophy nonsense and assert we should be happy with what we have got and stop moaning is crap. A lot of what you label moaning is actually well thought out criticism of the current set up and how we are going about things on the pitch. It is not just the odd poor selection that is the problem but the emergence of what seems to be a continuous general decline in the way we set about trying to win football matches.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.