How far will the fall be before evasive action is taken?

He got them wrong but he still wasn't helped by his players. I don't believe the manager's misjudgments excuse all of the crap the players have served up.

Can't disagree with that. I just wonder what is supposed to be happening compared to what is actually happening. Most of the time, when I see the team selection or the way it is set out positionally, then it turns out a mess, it is just what most people would expect from that team or tactics imo.

I can't figure how it was supposed to be, or why when it falls to pieces, it's not changed, immediately.

Maybe.

But assuming that is true it makes our setup v Liverpool & Leicester for example, even more baffling.

He got them wrong but he still wasn't helped by his players. I don't believe the manager's misjudgments excuse all of the crap the players have served up.
One common thing to both those games was giving away stupid early goals, I'm sure that wasn't in his pre-match plan, and immediately nullified it. My question is why he then seems to leave that plan still in operation, when its already gone wrong.

If we are not careful Pep may take over a Europa league side whilst Jose plays in the Champions league with the rags
Are decline has been so dramatic this season I can see that as a distinct possibility.

The rags are improving and we are probably still getting worse they still have to play us and I am not too confident about getting anything from spuds. No win against a top six side is truly shocking for a club of our stature.
I have been a Pellegrini fan but this season he has been shocking mind you the spaniards above him should carry some of the blame

Left and centre halves have never been addressed and there is no way MDM should be in a position where he was ever getting any game time this season.
If we are not careful we could be put back years by this season

If we are not careful Pep may take over a Europa league side whilst Jose plays in the Champions league with the rags
Are decline has been so dramatic this season I can see that as a distinct possibility.

The rags are improving and we are probably still getting worse they still have to play us and I am not too confident about getting anything from spuds. No win against a top six side is truly shocking for a club of our stature.
I have been a Pellegrini fan but this season he has been shocking mind you the spaniards above him should carry some of the blame

Left and centre halves have never been addressed and there is no way MDM should be in a position where he was ever getting any game time this season.

Problem is nothing is changing game by game. We have been saying we are gonna beat a top6 team for months. That said I think we will win on Sunday.

This. Some people just don't see how many cracks we are papering over at the moment.

By the end of February, I fear it will all have unravelled.

Right , you lot , this shit stops right here.
Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again.

The squad is decimated by injuries and they need all the help we can muster.

I echo the op's opinions. 4th is far from guaranteed right now. The rest of the top 4 look to be in decent form right now and will likely pull away and the rags as much as we've laughed at them, keep pulling out results from somewhere. We can't seem to beat a top half side and we've got3/4 of them coming up soon.

I think the chance to sack him has been and gone though, should of got rid in November, January the latest. There's now no chance we'll get rid before the season is out after the pep announcement.

I'm not being funny, but sack him? If and I know it's a big IF we'd have won Saturday, we'd be top now, in one final and topped a difficult CL group and still in the FA Cup all with the worst injury record by far in the PL. Advocating a sacking is slightly reactionary.

I wasn't able to attend Saturday due to a family emergency but subsequently watched the game Sunday. I did however have the miss fortune of listening to the game on 5Live, however I think their continued reference to our squad was rather relevant.

Our subs were Kids and squad men. Whilst constantly referencing the stregnth of our squad, they also mentioned we had nothing on the bench. Wonderfully contradictory as is the norm in the media. However highlight just how short we are. No Bony, no Navas, No Nasri, No De Bruyne. We couldn't even really push Ya Ya forwards. Our one real hope, a 19 year old in his first season.

Yes, we were gash, but again horrendous personal errors were as much to blame as the manager.

The simple fact is, our manager is fighting on four fronts, with basically 14 fit players. Mangala, Kompany, Clichy, Zabaleta, Delph, Silva, Nasri , Bony and Aguero have all missed huge chunks of the season. De Bruyne, Navas and still Bony, Kompany, Mangala and Nasri are missing. That is not a great squad, it's not even a good squad. Add to that Toure's alarming drop off since the middle of September.

Personally I don't believe that.

".................Hart............
Zabaleta. Otamendi.demichellis.Kolarov
,.......Fernandinho Delph..................
Sterling.......Toure.........Silva
...............Aguero.................

Is that great a side. Demichellis looks to be in one season to far syndrome, same could be said of Toure. Silva is off form and even Sterling's biggest fans would say he's inconsistent.

Let's look at the subs, 3 senior out field players. Two full backs and a player simply not good enough for City. The rest, teenagers.

Pellegrini is not managing the full City squad, he's managing part of it. The squad for Sunday was easily 6th best in the league, especially in current form. The likes of Spurs, Arsenal, United, Chelsea even Arsenal would only take Fernandinho, perhaps Sterling and a fit and firing Silva and Aguero. Silva is not firing. Hart is subjective, and not the issue.

If we we had a balanced and semi fit squad, I'm sure we'd be top.

It's easy to blame the manager, the football manager experts and FIFA players all said we couldn't play 442. On Saturday Leicester played the very definition of 442, we practically played 4 central midfielders. Their two, marked Silva and out ran our other three. Our 442 that Pellegrini was slagged for by Internet experts wiped the floor with us Saturday.

Apparently 442 would cost us games against better sides, teams would pass through us, well Saturday we controlled possession, 66%, we're a 'better' side with 'better' players. 442 ran right through us.
Spurs will match us almost identically in formation Sunday. They will play a fairly high line, push for possession high up the field. The difference, they'll actually do it. Why? Because their manager has asked them to do it and more importantly because the players want too. Are we to believe Pellegrini is instructing the players to start slow, ignore runners, not press? I don't.

I said at the start of the season our squad is unbalanced and light in key areas, I was shot down before a ball was kicked, after 5 games I was ridiculed. Well I maintain, Bony doesn't fit our system, a back up to Aguero was essential, not an alternative, a back up. Not someone of equal ability but of equal style. Fernando is not good enough. Ya Ya needs help, but you can only give him one player to help him. Or ditch him. Currently we can't ditch him, why? Because the only alternative is Fernando.

Fernandinho and Delph are very good central midfielders, but without fit and firing wingers it's hard to play them there. The Internet experts all said Ya Ya would be perfect pushed up, he's been largely dreadful and way below the standard of a number 10 to win the league, think Ozil think Silva.

Fact remains, our best team still has Ya Ya in a two, Silva free and Sterling and Navas allowing space for Toure, Silva and Aguero. Are we exposed now and then? Yes. But with our squad, it remains our best option.

How many times has that been an option?

Pellegrini has shown he can win games without, Silva, without Aguero, without De Bruyne. Without all three. Away in Seville non the less. But to be expected to continue winning without your best attacking options and defensive injuries, coupled with a pretty weak midfield in four competitions is a lot to ask of squad and manager.

I'm wondering at what point would the board intervene. We're in 4 competions at the moment. If it goes 4,3,2,1..0, at what point would they step in? If at all.

I'm afraid the injuries have conspired against us this season. The squad is not sufficiently strong enough to cover the injuries sustained over the course of the season. However, I am not absolving the collective management team from blame. Some of the formations/tactics leave a lot to be desired against teams that are capable of pressing us and are more mobile in midfield.

The pattern of play has become predictable and some players are/have reached their sell by date however fantastic they have been for the club.
All I think we can realistically hope for this season is a decent top 4 finish and hopefully beat Liverpool.

I wish Pelles and some of the players that need to go all the very best. Hopefully they can go out with their heads held high.

Are we to believe Pellegrini is instructing the players to start slow, ignore runners, not press? I don't.

Pellegrini doesn't seem to instruct them to do anything, we look like a team that turns up with our kit bags and are told "to play", can't see anything they've spent all week training on.

Some of our mistakes are so schoolboy if I did it on a Sunday morning I'd be taken off the pitch after 5 minutes and told to "sober up". I hear Gary "the legend manager and homesless person saviour" Neville picked up after five mins of the Liverpool game that we were getting hammered with running in the middle of the park, must admit I saw similar, what did Pellegrini do?

Totally accept injuries have a large part to play but all clubs have injuries. A good manager gets the best out of what he has available, it's obviously just my opinion but replay the season with everything the same but with Pep in charge and I doubt highly we would be getting taken apart on numerous occassions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.