How far will the fall be before evasive action is taken?

I never thought I'd see us win 1 trophy in my life time, so (objectively) I'm absolutely buzzing with the three in the last three years!

But. . . in the context of where we are now, the money spent and expectations, it's pretty paltry! This season and last season especially!

You make my head spin lol.

I care because you can only beat what youre up against and in 3 seasons, we have done that 3 times. Success by any measure.

As for the new manager having a big rebuild job on his hands, all part of the plan. Cant you see that the club has been all about the day Pep arrives for the last 3/4 years? Dont you think that it hasnt been planned for?
Sunday was a great day, and great for Pellegrini to win another trophy. However, aside from that it's been a hugely disappointing season, and one which the club has definitely not planned for. It's arrogant to suggest top 4 is safe, we of course should get it, but if we don't that wasn't planned for.

3 trophies in 3 seasons.

Some of the shit being spouted on here is fucking laughable.

You sound like fucking kids who want it now or they will scream and scream and scream....

He is going in the summer and not a day before, get used to it.

More of a case of what he should have won!

This season's COC saw us win 4 draw 1 and loose 1 with no clean sheets no great achievement for our squad

No one can deny what he won in the first season was on the back of Mancini's squad unfortunately the longer he has been here the worse it has got. Winning the COC is no great achievement and certainly not one that any manager should glow-in. Villa got to the FAC Final last season and look where they are. Its league titles where the manager has to do his work and frankly he hasn't been good enough it was a rarity to get hammered under Mancini, with this Charming Man its becoming more and more common, in fact I don't even expect us to beat Villa at weekend just like the relegated Burnley last season. What ever happened to Fortress Etihad? There is a danger we might find ourselves in 6th soon be it with a game in hand but, away at Newcastle are you confident of 3 point there because I'm not.

Posters on here know that the manager is to blame for the squad underachieving and are worried that we wont finish 4th outside the ECL for Pep's first season, with the consequential knock-on effect on transfers. I don't see and scream and scream and scream that you have alluded to.

He was also given a target of 5 trophies in 3 seasons looks very unlikely so he's failed

Sunday was a great day, and great for Pellegrini to win another trophy. However, aside from that it's been a hugely disappointing season, and one which the club has definitely not planned for. It's arrogant to suggest top 4 is safe, we of course should get it, but if we don't that wasn't planned for.

I Dont disagree with a single word of that mate.

What cant be ignored though is the compltet story surrounding our long term chase of Pep and the ramifications it has had on planning in the short term the last few years, coupled with severalmof our stars being injured and getting older and just being out of form.

This season's COC saw us win 4 draw 1 and loose 1 with no clean sheets no great achievement for our squad

No one can deny what he won in the first season was on the back of Mancini's squad unfortunately the longer he has been here the worse it has got. Winning the COC is no great achievement and certainly not one that any manager should glow-in. Villa got to the FAC Final last season and look where they are. Its league titles where the manager has to do his work and frankly he hasn't been good enough it was a rarity to get hammered under Mancini, with this Charming Man its becoming more and more common, in fact I don't even expect us to beat Villa at weekend just like the relegated Burnley last season. What ever happened to Fortress Etihad? There is a danger we might find ourselves in 6th soon be it with a game in hand but, away at Newcastle are you confident of 3 point there because I'm not.

Posters on here know that the manager is to blame for the squad underachieving and are worried that we wont finish 4th outside the ECL for Pep's first season, with the consequential knock-on effect on transfers. I don't see and scream and scream and scream that you have alluded to.

Why do you keep harping on about Mancini?

It offers nothing to this debate.

It's not a case of not winning everything because nobody will. I feel its more a sense of competing. We wasn't in the title race last year and nowhere near as it stands this year. I've never seen a team supposedly in a title race gets battered so many times in one season. That's what the disappointing thing is. Will 3 trophies in 3 years be a nice cushion if we are in the Europa next year? Not for me.

He was also given a target of 5 trophies in 3 seasons looks very unlikely so he's failed
Not disagreeing with the rest of your post but it was 5 trophies in 5 seasons not 3. Luckily we won't have to find out if he would have achieved or failed that target although you could probably argue that he is on track as it stands.

It's not a case of not winning everything because nobody will. I feel its more a sense of competing. We wasn't in the title race last year and nowhere near as it stands this year. I've never seen a team supposedly in a title race gets battered so many times in one season. That's what the disappointing thing is. Will 3 trophies in 3 years be a nice cushion if we are in the Europa next year? Not for me.

We are in Europe next year already.

I remember back in August and September some people on here were discussing the possibility of us having an "invincibles" season.

It's incredible what have happened over the last few months, Top 4 is still in our hands and should be the absolute minimum that we set our goals at.

This really was a no win situation, announcing Pep's arrival was inevitable and could never be kept a secret, however by doing so we also killed this season, i think that the manager and many of the players have decided that this year the aim is the CL. As such everything else is a distant 2nd.

Why do you keep harping on about Mancini?

It offers nothing to this debate.

its the first time I've mentioned Mancini in three years. However, he was the last manager we had and this clown inherited his squad and therefore its fair to compare their achievements but with the caveat that when Mancini took over we hadn't won anything for years

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.