How long have you been a City fan?

1968/69 match bus from Grand Lodge into the top right of the Platt Lane. First away match what else, Newcastle. Still here.

All my family are united fans(big ones) but when i was 5 i was taught to play football started watching it alot and decided on city, since then ive had to save up and buy everything that ive ever owned of city cos my family wouldnt buy me shirts cos they were scum fans, but it makes me laugh now looking back at pics im always wearing city shirts or jumpers, must have been a determind child! so 22 years for me. didnt go till my 1st match till i was 17 and found someone to take with me, didnt even have a friend who supported us. how sad is that haha made up for it now tho. Il be cheering us on on my first trip to wembley ever. this is just the beginning and i cant wait!!!!!!!!!!

scorer said:
Since 31/01/68 when we beat Reading 7-0 away in an FA Cup replay - I was 7.

Stuck with them through thick and thin and thin and thin and thin.... ever since.

Saw them get beat by Wolves at Wembley, Saw them beat Newcastle at Wembley and Saw them lose to Spuds in the 1981 FA Cup final replay when the best ever FA Cup Final goal was scored..... Steve McKenzies volley from 25 yards... top corner.
I was at that game....hehe thereading away i ment.. also the wolves toon & spurs...games...but the reading game was fun..

I was always going to be City from birth as my mum is a huge blue.
My first game was in '94 against Spurs at Maine Road in the partly renovated Kippax. We won 5-2 and what a game.

Had loads of stick and shit to put up with through school being the only City fan I knew and everyone else supported the Dippers or the Rags but never went and still dont

As long as I can remember - David White was my hero growing up, so I was only 5 or 6 then. Met him outside the old Rosebank Sports in Northwich and my Dad always used to take us to Platt Lane to the training sessions, we've got a photo of me, my sister and Quinny.

I can't remember my first game, I went to a few with the grandparents and sat in the North Stand, but I was at the last stand in the Kippax with my Dad.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
ctidcarl said:
1976..... I was 7 years old and just getting into football.

City had just won the League Cup......... man, I jumped on that bandwagon!!!!

(or you can blame my jinx like support for the following 35 years and won fook all........ but, its been the best rollercoaster!!)

This. Exactly. Word for word (except I was 6!).

Thank fuck it's not just me, sometimes thought of never going again in case i was the curse, i was 8 though.

1st memory was probably late 60's (Born 1964) looking for the results on a Saturday evening - 1st game 1976 V Liverpool been hooked ever since - Both my sons are Blue (Sister is from the dark side but you can't pick your family can you?)

Had to take a break from going during the 90's (Mortgage, Kids) but supported them from afar - Got the odd tickets when i had the cash.

Been to every home game since we moved to the new stadium (Season ticket with my youngest son) and try to get to away games when finances allow.

I started supporting them in mid fifties. The first game I saw was against West Ham(cant remember the date). All I can remember was we got beat 6-1 and Bert Trautman was sent off after he kicked the ball at the referee after they scored.
Seen all the highs and lows(mainly lows!) but wouldn't swap them for any other team. Its in the blood!
My only regret is that I moved to Scotland in the 70's so don't get down as much as I would like.
My one endearing memory of the early days was the smell of linament at games. You could see the shine off the players skin!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.