How long have you been a City fan?

Brought up in a blue family, I can remember going from the age of about 5 (born in 1993), and from the age of about 5/6 my hate for united grew with a passion, (beckham getting sent off in WC 1998, and them stuffy as fook goals in 1999 CL final)

1992 when I was 7. Forest at home was my first game when we drew 2-2. Sat on the barrier in the Kippax.

In the DNA my Dad from the 1920's Grand dad way before, Uncles, cousins etc etc. My first game 4 September 1959, City 4 Fulham 1. Bert in goal, Ken barnes, Joe Hayes etc , Dennis Law, injured not playing. Hooked for life!

first game was when i was 2 but i didnt get in to it until i was 7. lost at home to huddersfield but really enjoyed it. my first away game was a nil nil draw at tranmere and then the first win i saw was west brom at home when rosler scored the winner. ever since then i was obsessed with football and city. it was also my first world cup i remember that year.

Since the Sheikh arrived ;)

Kidding...since i started to watch premier league regulary. 2 years ago (im still not an adult).

My Uncle Brian took me to my first game at Maine Road in 1967, when i was 8.

Prior to that my Dad (RIP) took me to a few games at The Swamp, as he was a staunch Red (Born and bred Manc!) but i was hooked as soon as i took my seat on the wooden benches in the old Platt Lane.... so cheers Uncle Brian, you taught me right from wrong!

Of course the first few years were pretty amazing and i truly thought we won something every season;

League Champions in 68/69 - What a day and what a game up at St James's!

FA Cup in 69 (Ironically my Dad took me to that.....shows what a top guy he was!)

European Cup Winners' Cup in 70 - still one of the worst conditions i have ever seen us play in..

League Cup Winners in 70 & 76 - Denis Tuart 'King of all Geordies' !!
(Plus Runners-up in 74!....fooking Gary Pierce!!)

Charity Shield Winners in 68/69 & 72/73

So like i said supporting our great club during my informative years was pretty easy and with my Uncle taking me to every home game plus a fair few away, life was good!

Then............................ #$%^$%@&*(*&^%$#$^$%&&*!!!!!!

Well nobody can ever say we are not fooking loyal, fickle sometimes maybe :-) but never anything other than loyal!

Wouldnt change anything for the world - BLUE through and through!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.