How long have you been a City fan?

since 91/92 season versus forest brought over by my dad who followed city since the sixties was his first time going over too.followed football in general before that but had no real preference for any team but after that first game have been hooked ever since have been over bout twenty times in all since that first game

Glory hunter since 68 aged 7 first vivid recollection v West Brom at Maine Road in the Charity Shield won 6-1 my Dad reckons he took me to a few games before that game but I can't remember.
Particularly on night matches for some reason, there was always a strong smell of Linament and Pipe smoke, I can still smell it now.....great! If the game was boring me and my cousin would try and count the number of cigs being sparked up in the Maine Stand, we would always sit on the wall of the Kippax eating our wagon wheels and Chipmonk Crisps!

since around 1965..

Match going since around 1971<br /><br />-- Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:02 pm --<br /><br />since around 1965..

Match going since around 1971

MCFC BOB said:
Me? From May 1999, after the Play-off final, I knew who City were, and I knew my mum liked them, but it wasn't until we were relegated from the Premier League in 2001, that I knew who all the players were and just what City was.

I have the videos from the 2001/2002 season, but I only properly started following results every week in the 2002/2003 season.

all my life,born n bred blue thanks to my late dad for that n love him for it,went to the odd game with my cousins but got a s/t in the platt ln in 77/78 season when i was 9,used to be about 15 lads on my street all go down together on the 76 bus,great days.my dad then let me go un the kippax when i was 13-the best stand in the history of football,started taking my dad again when it went all seat in the north stand and still have my season ticket now in thr south stand- cmon you mighty blues

Since the new owners took over and it looked liked we might start winning things. It was Arsenal before then but glad i changed as they haven't won anything now for 6 years. Glad i joined this cup scheme.

ctidcarl said:
1976..... I was 7 years old and just getting into football.

City had just won the League Cup......... man, I jumped on that bandwagon!!!!

(or you can blame my jinx like support for the following 35 years and won fook all........ but, its been the best rollercoaster!!)

Pretty much the same as me, although I must have shown my allegiances previously as my uncle brought me a programme back. I proceeded to add 'taches to Irvine Natress' and Jim Montgomery's profile photo's?
Probably because pretty much all the kids on our street, and school, in Stalybridge supported City, and they wore blue. And despite my Dad efforts(a rag-but one of the few reasonable ones). As are both my younger brothers. My mum reckons she's still undecided.

I'm a bit of a glory hunting bandwagon jumper........ saw 68' charity shield against West Brom on MOTD, 6-1 gubbing of the throstles and that was me, pugatory for fuckin life.
First game was at the swamp, november 1969, city reserves 0 scum 3, first home game Stoke, september 1970, 4-1, gordon banks og, get in......... the rest is as they say, one hell of a ride!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.