How long will Ten Hag last at United? / Save Poundland Pep/ Success!

Let's give credit where credit's due. United had a poor season this year in the league, but Ten Hag finished 3rd and won a cup in his first season with a fitter squad and won the FA Cup by beating the best team on the planet once that strongest XI was available again. United used more than 10 different combinations at CB last season because of injuries and poor squad management (which Ten Hag has to shoulder some of the blame for) have meant that his best system hasn't been available to him for months. We'd be arguing the same if Dias, Stones, Ake, etc. had been injured all season.

I don't think Ten Hag is good enough - nor does have the squad available - to win a league title, but with Liverpool and Chelsea and Brighton under new management, Villa having to juggle Champions League football, Newcastle having to meet PSR rules, and Spurs being Spurs, I don't see why Ten Hag can't get United 4th again and I don't see why they can't go far in the cups again. They'll only finish as low as 8th in 24/25 if the same injury problems hit them, but you imagine they'll cope better this year with some new signings. Casemiro not starting every week would be a big help.

Things are just about improving on the pitch for United, strange as that sounds. There was once a time, as recently as 2022, where you couldn't really point to any player in United's team who had improved on a personal level since Ferguson left. But Onana, Dalot, Martinez, Mainoo, Fernandes, and Diallo have all become good (or better) players under Ten Hag. The fact that United would have sacked Ten Hag if they'd lost the FA Cup final shows how short-term and indecisive a lot of INEOS' thinking is, but Ten Hag has earned himself the opportunity to continue building imo.

Let's give credit where credit's due. United had a poor season this year in the league, but Ten Hag finished 3rd and won a cup in his first season with a fitter squad and won the FA Cup by beating the best team on the planet once that strongest XI was available again. United used more than 10 different combinations at CB last season because of injuries and poor squad management (which Ten Hag has to shoulder some of the blame for) have meant that his best system hasn't been available to him for months. We'd be arguing the same if Dias, Stones, Ake, etc. had been injured all season.

I don't think Ten Hag is good enough - nor does have the squad available - to win a league title, but with Liverpool and Chelsea and Brighton under new management, Villa having to juggle Champions League football, Newcastle having to meet PSR rules, and Spurs being Spurs, I don't see why Ten Hag can't get United 4th again and I don't see why they can't go far in the cups again. They'll only finish as low as 8th in 24/25 if the same injury problems hit them, but you imagine they'll cope better this year with some new signings. Casemiro not starting every week would be a big help.

Things are just about improving on the pitch for United, strange as that sounds. There was once a time, as recently as 2022, where you couldn't really point to any player in United's team who had improved on a personal level since Ferguson left. But Onana, Dalot, Martinez, Mainoo, Fernandes, and Diallo have all become good (or better) players under Ten Hag. The fact that United would have sacked Ten Hag if they'd lost the FA Cup final shows how short-term and indecisive a lot of INEOS' thinking is, but Ten Hag has earned himself the opportunity to continue building imo.
Nah, save this stuff for when he needs our help next Easter.

Confused on this, the allegation from you and others has always been that the powers that be are corrupt in favour of EVERY red shirt club EVERY season.
Are you now saying they didn't help the rags last season?
You have to see the subtle and deliberately vague changes of the laws mid-match to give the Rags a leg up when they were chasing a goal. The fact that they were shit one week and passable the next is highly suspicious!

And the introduction of Doku at HT instead of starting was a masterstroke by Pep. Only two things would keep Ted Rag at The Swamp - the noticeable and laughable dearth of a replacement among the unemployed and an FArce Cup win. It was superb of Pep to engineer the latter and keep the RDAHMeedya's favourite manager in tenure!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.