How Lucky We Are, Especially Fans That Can Attend Matches

I'm really sorry to hear that mate.

They are not bothered about any scrutiny as they know the media here will help them present whatever narrative they deem fit.

I do think the club could do more. They could turn a searchlight on this which might be enough to tone it down. I genuinely worry if we are in a tight fight with Arsenal we will get screwed over by them at the death.
Completely agree. I hope they are putting pressure on the league and PGMOL behind the scenes.

I am of two minds on doing it more publicly. On the one hand, quiet inquiries and protests of decisions can be more easily swept under the rug. On the other, though, public attacks can very quickly backfire and turn the media and opposition against us (and we’re already fighting a war on several fronts, not sure it’s a good idea to open a few more).

It’s a very tough position for the club and tackling it is more complex than we would like to think at times.

There were a few boos ok but what i was more fucked off about was when we went 2 down half the ground seemed to go ' fuck it' and go for a piss/pint/pie as if they'd given up the fight. This team deserves the benefit of the doubt the amount of times we've come back from the dead to bring us some unbelievable memories.

There were a few boos ok but what i was more fucked off about was when we went 2 down half the ground seemed to go ' fuck it' and go for a piss/pint/pie as if they'd given up the fight. This team deserves the benefit of the doubt the amount of times we've come back from the dead to bring us some unbelievable memories.
You mean for the 30 seconds before half-time?

Context is everything. Had the two calamitous goals we conceded come in the 24th and 26th minutes then people would have had time to digest it and react accordingly. The fact that they were both on the stroke of half-time meant that people were still in a state of panic and disbelief. I didn't boo, but I don't blame the people who did. It's just people venting, and I think it had the desired effect.

Context is everything. Had the two calamitous goals we conceded come in the 24th and 26th minutes then people would have had time to digest it and react accordingly. The fact that they were both on the stroke of half-time meant that people were still in a state of panic and disbelief. I didn't boo, but I don't blame the people who did. It's just people venting, and I think it had the desired effect.
I agree that was likely a big part of it. But my post is more about the rationalisation of it than it happening at all. I think we as fans need to be very careful here. We have examples not too far away of what happens when this sort of mindset takes root and becomes the norm.

And the results aren’t pretty (and, ironically, regularly and rightly get admonished on here by the same people defending the booing last night).

I agree that was likely a big part of it. But my post is more about the rationalisation of it than it happening at all. I think we as fans need to be very careful here. We have examples not too far away of what happens when this sort of mindset takes root and becomes the norm.

And the results aren’t pretty (and, ironically, regularly and rightly get admonished on here by the same people defending the booing last night).
Yeah, I don't think anyone wants it to become a regular thing. I think last night was a "come on lads, you're better than this" reaction at half-time. It's like a managerial bollocking - every manager needs it in their locker but should only use it sparingly, otherwise it doesn't have the desired effect.

There are a lot of what I consider very entitled posts flying about the forum tonight, saying the team and Pep deserved the booing at halftime because of the first half performance and the poor run we have been on.

I can’t believe that some people genuinely think that. Especially those lucky enough to be able to attend matches.

I can’t go any more. I live in the US now, but even when I eventually move back I won’t be able to attend, and that kills me every time I think about it. Those that can go are incredibly fortunate, regardless of whether the performance is amazing. I know it’s expensive, the club could improve a lot about the matchday experience (and ticketing system), and it gets more difficult for the midweek matches. I know what that is like—did it for years before we moved abroad. But I would give anything to be able to deal with that shite again.

You really don’t know what you have until it’s gone.

At halftime I said I wasn’t angry but numb, because I was more angry with the ref than anything, and was worried we didn’t have the fight to come back right now, especially with the suspect officiating and the fan reaction at the halftime whistle. Things don’t seem the same as last season in many ways. But the players proved me wrong and we stormed back.

And, beyond all of that, how did some of the people booing make it through the pre-takeover days? It must have been torturous! Or are the ones booing primarily fans that only started following us recently and so have no sense of perspective?

We’re fucking second in the league with 19 games to play (including two against the current leaders), qualified for the knockout stages of the CL with games left, and on to the next round of the FA Cup. We’ve won 4 of the last 5 league titles.

And being in a relatively short bad spell has people booing the team?

Even if none of that is true, we are fucking Manchester City, not the Rags or the Dippers.

I sometimes don’t know who we are anymore based on various comments on here and social media (from people I know are genuine blues).

I genuinely hope most of the booing was at the ref not the team and the comments from a few tonight are a malcontent minority. And, if that is the case, how about we make it clear the ref is a wanker rather than ambiguously booing as the players walk off the pitch.

We are getting regularly fucked over by officials, opposition teams are constantly playing brutal anti-football, and things outside of football are increasingly more difficult. We need to come together, back eachother, and back the team, regardless of the results.

FWIW, I thought Pep was absolutely right in his post-match interview and I hope everyone—players, staff, management, fans—take it as the rallying cry it was.

/rant
Not for the first time, post of the day Seb. Nail on the head.
I'm asking for no other reason than nosiness but why will you be unable to attend games when you return to the UK? You can tell me to piss off of course if you like.

Yeah, I don't think anyone wants it to become a regular thing. I think last night was a "come on lads, you're better than this" reaction at half-time. It's like a managerial bollocking - every manager needs it in their locker but should only use it sparingly, otherwise it doesn't have the desired effect.
I hope you are right!

Not for the first time, post of the day Seb. Nail on the head.
I'm asking for no other reason than nosiness but why will you be unable to attend games when you return to the UK.
I unfortunately have a progressive condition that has lead to very limited mobility and a compromised immune system, with maintenance medication worsening the latter, which means I have to avoid situations where I could easily catch something (as infections can and have lead to needing to go to hospital).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.