How many are in the Blue alliance

TheMightyQuinn said:
Skashion said:
City's Liberation Initiative To Overturn Rags' Incessant Success

Where can I find them?
Just above the vagina!

-- Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:57 pm --

OxBlue said:
Are the Blue Alliance trying to make it clear they're a supporters group/atmosphere generators and not an ultras group?

People may confuse them with a hooligan following, and by that I mean opposing fans and it may get the unwanted attention from the police or worse still a good kicking at a services/pub/away ground.
The only confusion is from the English media and English football fans. Ultras are colourful, singing, dancing, Aris style football fans. Hooligans are hooligans. There have been posters on here from Poznań, Aris and a bloke from the Balkans who have all confirmed that Ultras are not trouble causers, they are the opposite. Somewhere along the line (possibly Four Four Two magazine) us English got that all mixed up and mistakenly coined hooligans as Ultras.

-----------------------------
I remember a Celtic fan coming on here (or might have been another site) and he was saying how The Green Brigade (who are the Celtic equivalent of TBA) were hated by other Celtic fans and at first were completely ignored by the club. Over time it all changed. TGB are a huge part of Celtic's matches now.

strongbowholic said:
One thing bitter experience tells me is that what everyone wants on a forum is most certainly NOT what everyone wants in reality.

When push comes to shove, I have to say we have a serious amount of gobshites following us (and I don't mean Johnny Come Latelies).

We don't need a group or groups to improve the atmosphere. Many have trodden that path and realised the same (not me I hasten to add, but plenty I know). You cannot impose your will on 45,000 people. The atmosphere takes care of itself based on interaction from circa 1500 away fans and the performance on the pitch.

Not knocking the lads for trying, but if I may be a miserable twat for a moment, it's ultimately doomed to failure. Forced atmosphere is Man in Top Hat covered in Pompey Tattoos ringing a bell. Forced atmosphere is Blackburn fans banging a drum and blowing trumpets.

Even if your modus operandi is none of the above but to just try and encourage colour and noise, too many City fans will eye you with suspicion and contempt.

You could accuse Helen of trying to force atmosphere too if that's how you look at it. I wouldn't think she had the tattoos though;-)

Bluebird1 said:
strongbowholic said:
One thing bitter experience tells me is that what everyone wants on a forum is most certainly NOT what everyone wants in reality.

When push comes to shove, I have to say we have a serious amount of gobshites following us (and I don't mean Johnny Come Latelies).

We don't need a group or groups to improve the atmosphere. Many have trodden that path and realised the same (not me I hasten to add, but plenty I know). You cannot impose your will on 45,000 people. The atmosphere takes care of itself based on interaction from circa 1500 away fans and the performance on the pitch.

Not knocking the lads for trying, but if I may be a miserable twat for a moment, it's ultimately doomed to failure. Forced atmosphere is Man in Top Hat covered in Pompey Tattoos ringing a bell. Forced atmosphere is Blackburn fans banging a drum and blowing trumpets.

Even if your modus operandi is none of the above but to just try and encourage colour and noise, too many City fans will eye you with suspicion and contempt.

You could accuse Helen of trying to force atmosphere too if that's how you look at it. I wouldn't think she had the tattoos though;-)
Huge difference; Helen could be argued as being slightly 'eccentric' in as much as she had a bell and no one else did. She enforced the noise of it on us all but not the imperative that all fans must have a bell - if you see what I mean.

If the 'blue alliance' are just in fact the city centre branch, why not just call themselves that? Why the shit name? To me the blue alliance sounds abit John o'shea! Can't fault a supporters club as there is a shit load knocking about, also can't fault them trying to create a better atmosphere, but some of there songs are wank, I sit in south stand block 116 And all I hear is some female teenage TBA'er singing a gaga song to Gareth Barry! Next meeting you lot need to ditch the name and get some better chant material. apart from that crack on.

These lads aren't a bad crack at all! Can see them at pretty much every away game and singing non stop for 90 mins! Wouldn't say their hooligans but true fans who are passionate for the club!

I've been many away games in recent times, fulham last season where the BA were amazing and made it one of my fav away games ever (ok the game helped too) and I've also been other away games where I thought they were a bit much(qpr this season) however what is fucking cringeworthy and much more embarrassing than a few pissed up young city lads is the people that come on here and berate other city fans for trying to improve the atmosphere, get new songs going and generally having a laugh. The BA mean well, they get a bit beered up,and OTT sometimes, but FFS who hasn't in their life! At least they are making an effort to really up the atmosphere at games.
Keep it up BA!

WNRH said:
strongbowholic said:
There's about 4 of them. There were 5 but the other one left to form the Alliance of the Blues ("splitters!").

There's a 3rd group just be formed, the people's front of the blue alliance.

Quality!!

Why would you hate a set of your own fans who want to improve the atmosphere? Can someone explain, I just don't get it...

SS117 said:
Why would you hate a set of your own fans who want to improve the atmosphere? Can someone explain, I just don't get it...

I don't get that either. I've been with them at several matches including Euro aways and they're great fun:-)

liamctid said:
unsworthblue said:
liamctid said:
In answer to the OP; there isn't a number as such. There's about 7000 people on the Facebook page, but you only need to have a look on there to see that a lot of people have no idea who the originating members of it were.

The City Centre Blues branch is associated with The Blue Alliance, and I couldn't tell you an exact number (I should know, being chairman an all) of members but it's round the 100 mark.

There's a lot of misconceptions about who we are, and there's a lot of myths that surround us. I'm not spotty, I'm not a teenager, I'm not reliant on my mum and dad (although I do still at home so I can afford away games + my mums gravy is like no other), I haven't been to Uni for years. I'm 24 (although look about 15 years older), and work. Most of the lads which would be considered to be "Blue Alliance" are between 19-26. I don't think I'm the biggest or best fan in the world - how can I be? I don't even live in Manchester...

Basically, since Garry Cook departed from City, we've gone up the tables as far as "things to hate about Manchester City" go. I think we're a little bit behind Peter Fletcher, but are giving Hugh Ferris a run for his money.

We set out back in 2009 under the name "Blue Alliance" as a platform for other like minded fans to get together. I know some people disagree with having a name as such, but would people prefer it to be called "come on an away day with Liam and Felix and stand at the back and sing"? Thought not.

Unfortunately some people hate the fact that a group of lads are (generally) young and going to City every week, singing for 90 minutes and having a good time. Did I go to York away? No. But I went to Wycombe and Bournemouth away.

And then people blame us for things. Was it our idea to put the away fans in the third tier? No, we don't work for the club. In fact the "Operation One End" threads started on this forum before me and Felix even knew each other. I've stated on many threads before; I stand in 118 and cannot hear the away fans, so whether they're there or not doesn't bother me. Do we start fights with people who don't sing songs? Apparently, but I have no idea when this was supposed to be. Do we sing our own songs and not join in with others? Absolute bollocks; although I personally tend to start a lot of songs, so if a song is being sung amongst a lot of people I will probably save my voice. Is this one big ego trip? No it fucking isn't. Honestly, you ask anyone that's ever met me or Felix and they will more than likely tell you that we're just nice, normal people.

Thanks for your time.

We'll meet again in another two weeks when people feel the need to blame things on us.

@mcfc_TBA

oh and if you're bored, you can always read my blog: <a class="postlink" href="http://mcfctba.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mcfctba.blogspot.com/</a>
2 questions..1/ do you sing 'Citys going down with a billion in the bank'? 2/is Citys number 1 fan Kiam06 part of your firm?....

I have sung it, as did the majority of people at White Hart Lane when we were 4-0 up. If something similar is happening at Stamford Bridge next Monday I dare say it will happen again, especially as it will make us go through the 40 point barrier.

I've only briefly met Kiam06 twice, once being on Saturday night. We're not a firm, although we do know the Wheelchair Mafia.

Great lads who have the backing off the Wheelchair Soprano Crew and Kiam06.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.