How many more people will now become City fans?

One of my twelve year old daughter's football coaches is a rag. He tried taking the piss out of her when she wore her, at that time, new City Haaland top to training. She wanted to show her mates. They all do it when they get new football shirts.

She wore it again soon after. He tried it again. She looked at him and said, "Your team hasn't won the league since before I was born," just like I told her to say. :) Thank you to whatever Mooner suggested that in a previous thread.
when we were away on hol a grown man, probs in his 50s , walked past my son on the coach when we first arrived, saw his city top and said, “will you still wear that when youre in the national league?”.
My son neither knows about the charges, nor cares anyway, he just fuckin loves city.

A few days later we saw the same guy in a middlesborough top, he again couldnt help himself and said “proper team” whilst pointing at his badge. My son just said, and he was being utterly genuine, “ive never heard of them”. The sad **** looked crest fallen.

I didnt even smile and join in the ‘bantz’ with the prick. I hate that sort of bullying.

Surprised your daughters coach took the piss out of her shirt. I coach my sons u9s and its a big no no

Just back from Barca. Barca, Madrid and City Haaland shirts only in the sports shops and even fake shirt street sellers. Market forces.
A young lad waiting on my table (unusually poor English for a young one, probably just starting) trying to get a connection with me saying “English, London?” I said Manchester and after a couple of seconds his face just lit up and says “Manchester City!” And goes on to start naming players with enthusiasm looking genuinely delighted to meet someone from there, lots of hand clasps etc.
Not one mention of that lot. A sign of the times and so different from going abroad in 90s and 00s when you had to educate anyone under the age of 30 and probably didn’t give a shit anyway.

Just back from Barca. Barca, Madrid and City Haaland shirts only in the sports shops and even fake shirt street sellers. Market forces.
A young lad waiting on my table (unusually poor English for a young one, probably just starting) trying to get a connection with me saying “English, London?” I said Manchester and after a couple of seconds his face just lit up and says “Manchester City!” And goes on to start naming players with enthusiasm looking genuinely delighted to meet someone from there, lots of hand clasps etc.
Not one mention of that lot. A sign of the times and so different from going abroad in 90s and 00s when you had to educate anyone under the age of 30 and probably didn’t give a shit anyway.
I’ve just got back from a week in Barcelona and Madrid, saw more City shirts than any other PL team, only two rag, one Arsenal, no dipper. Surprised to see plenty of Madrid shirts in Barcelona, and vice-versa, thought they hated each other?

Again in Prague, my lad did a football camp organised by a local amateur team for kids 9-11. There were Messi/Barca/Real shirts of course but I counted 4 City (not including my lad) and no United!

I’ve just got back from a week in Barcelona and Madrid, saw more City shirts than any other PL team, only two rag, one Arsenal, no dipper. Surprised to see plenty of Madrid shirts in Barcelona, and vice-versa, thought they hated each other?
A lot of Madridians are on there holls at the moment so it probably explains the explosion of City tops on the Costas as we become very popular with young Spaniards

Was walking on the front in stoupa, greece last week. My 9 year olds a nutter and doesnt care and was walking down the street with all his hair brushed back and luminous yellow shades on , him thinking he looks the dogs bollocks but really looked a wally :))

Anyway, 4/5 greek kids, probs 13 ish walked past and i saw them nudging and pointing and i thought “on no hope they arent laughing at him”.
I neednt have worried, theyd clocked his city kit and all started shouting CITY CITY CITY. High fived him and walked off. He was beaming!!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.