How many of you are atheists?

Christians, Muslims and Jews all worship the same God it's just that he tells them different things!

BTW Atheism for me.

Where there is recognition of right there must be recognition of wrong; where there is recognition of wrong there must be recognition of right. Therefore the sage does not proceed in such a way, but illuminates all in the light of Heaven. He too recognizes a “this,” but a “this” which is also “that,” a “that” which is also “this.” His “that” has both a right and a wrong in it; his “this” too has both a right and a wrong in it. So, in fact, does he still have a “this” and “that”? Or does he in fact no longer have a “this” and “that”? A state in which “this” and “that” no longer find their opposites is called the hinge of the Way. When the hinge is fitted into the socket, it can respond endlessly. Its right then is a single endlessness and its wrong too is a single endlessness. So, I say, the best thing to use is clarity.

ChuangTzu

Loki is always fucking with my mind but Nanna sooths,Magni gives me strength and the allfather Odin gives me wisdom.

bluemoon73 said:
Loki is always fucking with my mind but Nanna sooths,Magni gives me strength and the allfather Odin gives me wisdom.

What about the Tesseract in Asgard??

Gods did not create us...we created them... I wonder what Zeuss,Mars,Neptune,posiedon etc are all doing now the greeks cant be arsed with them anymore..

I think they took the snub rather well..

yeah whatever !! said:
bluemoon73 said:

What about the Tesseract in Asgard??

Thats fantasy man, Thor will not be pleased!

Fowlers Penalty Miss said:
Fair enough, I take your points on board.

Like I wrote, I have an inner belief that God, or something, is out there.

I know you love your science and space travel, but can't you also accept that some of us, for whatever reason, believe He exists?

I don't know if He exists or not, it's my choice and if I'm wrong when I die and I face an eternity of nothing, then so be it.

All I was saying was that my belief has helped me cope, and it has. It has brought me comfort.

Science may, in your mind, give answers to everything, but in my mind, science doesn't solve everything, especially when you believe something like God exists.

The big bang happened, but who started it?

I have no problem with people believing whatever they want and have often taken issue on here with atheists who have been extremely disrespectful to others faith.

As I have tried to explain earlier, the very question of who started the Big Bang is an invalid question because people aren't really understanding what that event was.

I also take issue with the fact that you believe that the Big Bang needed a creator but you have no problem believing in a deity that has no creator. Why cannot you just cut out the middle man?

Fowlers Penalty Miss said:
Atheism is all well and good for those that don't believe 'God' exists, but for a civilised life for all of us, there is nothing wrong with the 10 commandments.

You know, don't nick anything, don't kill anyone, that sort of thing.

It seems OK to me.

If you believe it, you believe it, and if you don't, you don't, but it would be a bit of a pisser if you got to the Pearly Gates and St Peter said 'No way, pal'.

Maybe I'm spreading my bets, but it seems easier to believe in it, and at the end of the day, no one can say the afterlife is bollocks or not.

Many in life will rebuke God and all He stands for, but will still want a white wedding in a church,

I have had a tough time over the last few years, and my belief in God has helped me cope.

It may be rubbish, it may be true, I don't know, but it has helped, and that's good enough for me.

Slag me off all you want, but I won't change my belief.

I don't care if it's irrational, maybe it is, but I have drawn a great deal of comfort from an inner belief that won't be shaken.

It's this sort of naive bollocks that really pisses me off.
Do you actually believe that there were no societal rules 5000 years ago until the 10 commandments were handed down? Apart from the shite ones about the deity everyone of them is bleeding common sense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.