How many of you are atheists?

Maybe it's just me, but frankly discussing comparative theology with Pam is a Herculean task on a par with explaining quantum physics to my border collie, so on that basis I shall leave those valiant and intrepid forumites brave enough to try to their deliberations.
I think I'll give up religion threads for Lent.

To be fair Damocles...the most ignorant hateful posters i've seen on here have been god bothering bastards.

Their religion/faith/choice of pantomime shouldn't give them the right to have their bigoted/sexist views accepted because they woke up praisin' de lawd.

I nearly got banned for the angels and lasers thread because I had upset arch angel whatsizname because I thought his interpretation of Gods star wars was bollox.

I need to stop typing.

I really do :-)

dazdon said:
To be fair Damocles...the most ignorant hateful posters i've seen on here have been god bothering bastards.

I must admit that receiving drunken death threat PM's from our leading practitioner of the Christian faith was perhaps the most blatant example of internet hypocrisy I have seen.
Drunken death threats from atheists I receive on a daily basis, as I do from moderators, but this was a whole new uncharted region of irony for me.
I asked for forgiveness, and I think it confused him, because he hasn't been back since.

100% Atheist but for what it's worth religion is not the same as believing that an infinite supernatural force exists.

Religion is attributing human values to that force whereby it tells you what is right and wrong, how to live your life and what happens to you after you die. Human beings obviously will have different views on this and that's where the inevitable problems arise.

However if there was no religion then mankind would find lots of other reasons to go to war or inflict cruelty on one another, so IMHO it makes no difference either way.

Here endeth the lesson.

Originally moral obligation cannot originate in the mind of man, and therefore must originate in the mind of a greater being, which is God.

Tuearts right boot said:
Religion.....Clever people controlling the masses for their own gain. No real difference from politicians & dictators.

Controlled by them, not created by them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.