How many points to win the league?

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by buckshot, 24 Dec 2017.

1. SWP's back

SWP's back

Chelsea record is 95 isn’t it?

2. domalino

domalino

If we end this season properly we'll be half way to winning next season's league too.

None of our rivals have the mentality to stand up to a side that can break 100 points and won by 20pts. They'll know they can't match a team that good, they'll know that 1 summer won't make them 20+ points better.

3. Cobwebcat

Cobwebcat

Ok to dream!

I think if the stats say 96 v 78 ... to get an even bigger gap it's more likely that the 78 will be lower than 96 higher but that's just my guess.

I really like that the chances of us not winning it now are 1 in 1000 but some are still wary.

4. Mancityus

Mancityus

I think priority should be cup competitions once league is secured rather than running up points total. It would be good if we break some points and goals scored total but not at expense of another trophy.

5. Cobwebcat

Cobwebcat

True but the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona believe that they should win every game even friendlies as it leads to a winning mentality and I think that's the way Pep sees it. Win all the time as the less important ones affects momentum for the more important ones which is why he has the big guns on the bench in the less important matches.....just in case.

6. Shirley

Shirley

Any bonus points if we win this......

Manchester City is delighted to announce it will be hosting the Second Edition of the City Cup in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates on Friday 23rd March and Saturday 24th March 2018.

The tournament promises to be a unique experience for all involved, and the winning teams from each age group will be entered into a draw to win an all-expenses paid trip to the City Football Academy in Manchester, United Kingdom.

Date: 23rd - 24th March 2018

7. Blue Llama

Blue Llama

My point precisely. The competition you quoted all have to raise their game and accrue points at a rate that is far above their performance since August. Not going to happen so we only need to reach 81 points. We will no doubt better that but the thread title is "how many points to win the league" - 81.

8. Manchester_lalala

Manchester_lalala

I hope we don’t start resting players once it’s sealed, I want to see records broken. We’ve got players coming back from injury at just the right time, no letting off in the league.

9. SWP's back

SWP's back

Pep did that with Bayern and regretted it as the club lost the momentum and couldn’t turn it on again in the CL. He said it was a mistake and he’d never do it gain.

10. Absolutely me 2 mate.