How many points to win the league?

Beating Newcastle and WBA is crucial. 2 home games we are expected to win easily. 2 more games closer to the finish line.
If we don’t win them both we may have to just have a tiny glance over our shoulders. Can’t give any other team any momentum.

Here is a list of our remaining games against Utds.
I cannot see this happening but lets call this set of predicted results the worst case scenario.
This will still put us miles in front.

(I do not think this will be the actual results, this is just us playing awful and them amazing)

MANCHESTER CITY FIXTURES
Newcastle H - WIN
West Bromwich Albion H - WIN
Burnley A - DRAW
Leicester H - WIN
Arsenal A - DRAW
Chelsea H - DRAW
Stoke A - WIN
Brighton H - WIN
Everton A - DRAW
Manchester United H - DRAW
Tottenham A - LOSE
Swansea H - WIN
West Ham A - WIN
Huddersfield H - WIN
Southampton A - WIN
94 POINTS TOTAL

RAG FIXTURES
Burnley A - WIN
Tottenham A - DRAW
Huddersfield H - WIN
Newcastle United - WIN
Chelsea H - DRAW
Crystal Palace A - WIN
Liverpool H - DRAW
West Ham A - WIN
Swansea H - WIN
Manchester City A - DRAW
Bournemouth A - WIN
Arsenal H - WIN
Brighton A - WIN
Watford H - WIN
87 POINTS TOTAL

7 points gap still even if we play average and they play great
I did the same this morning and apart from i put us to beat Burnley and draw at Stoke same

I think that would be even more satisfying than going the season unbeaten.

Agreed, although next year we do need to stop up and retain the league unbeaten, if only to shut up any Gooner's who who would still think the Invincibles are a better side than us (1).

(1) While I think they are one of the best sides to play in the EPL, I don't think they are the best. Personally I think the Chelsea 2004-2005 side was better than them (even though they lost a mere 1 game in the PL to the previous season Arsenal's none, although overall the 2004-2005 Chelsea side the same number of losses as the 2003-2004 Arsenal side with 6 each) when you look at points and goal difference in the league as well as the fact that unlike the Arsenal side in question, they have won a domestic cup as well. Hence why domestically at least, we should be aiming to beat this side in the League and the Cups

I did the same this morning and apart from i put us to beat Burnley and draw at Stoke same
Here is a list of our remaining games against Utds.
I cannot see this happening but lets call this set of predicted results the worst case scenario.
This will still put us miles in front.

(I do not think this will be the actual results, this is just us playing awful and them amazing)

MANCHESTER CITY FIXTURES
Newcastle H - WIN
Burnley A - DRAW
Leicester H - WIN
Arsenal A - DRAW
Chelsea H - DRAW
Stoke A - WIN
Brighton H - WIN
Everton A - DRAW
Manchester United H - DRAW
Tottenham A - LOSE
Swansea H - WIN
West Ham A - WIN
Huddersfield H - WIN
Southampton A - WIN
94 POINTS TOTAL

RAG FIXTURES
Burnley A - WIN
Tottenham A - DRAW
Huddersfield H - WIN
Newcastle United - WIN
Chelsea H - DRAW
Crystal Palace A - WIN
Liverpool H - DRAW
West Ham A - WIN
Swansea H - WIN
Manchester City A - DRAW
Bournemouth A - WIN
Arsenal H - WIN
Brighton A - WIN
Watford H - WIN
87 POINTS TOTAL

7 points gap still even if we play average and they play great
It's quite conceivable that in the next two games we widen the gap to 15 or even 17 points

It's quite conceivable that in the next two games we widen the gap to 15 or even 17 points

Sure is.

I'll be hoping they drop some points away at Burnley & Spurs.

We all thought the same in November when they played Watford away (when they were flying) and Arsenal away and the rags won them both comfortably
Never write these jammy fuckers off

The 2nd half of the season was never going to be as easy as the first. Doesn't work that way.
15 left I think we will win 10 of them, throw in a couple of draws that gets us amother 32 points so finish on 94 points.
Even if we lose 3 we're comfortable.
Concentrate on us not what anyone else does.

Obviously winning the league is just that, be it on goal difference or whatever it may be, but for arguments sake how would folk take it if from 15 points clear we won it by say 3 points?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.