How many points to win the league?

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in the 70’s/80’s I was happy for any (but 1) English clubs to progress well in any of the European cups.

In the 90’s this massively waned as the G14 cartel, having sewn up a closed shop for the money in their national leagues, turned to sewing up the money in the euro cups, with the hideously misnamed Champions league, allowing the divi’ing up among the cozy cartel, for more than 1 round of a cup.

Since the 00’s and our return to the European scene, coupled with the G14’s previous cartel actions, I’m of the opinion that as long as we qualify for the misnamed Champions league, then during the competition itself, all the G14 clubs can go *%&£ themselves and lose ASAP.
The added benefit being us getting the lions share of the National money pot part of the champions league money, (ie the English part of the G14), further enhanced by the (ludicrous) uplift based on recent previous performance in the CL.

As mentioned so many times, the G14 will do nothing for anyone but themselves - Chelsea, us and PSG, (and hopefully more like Wolves, Bournemouth etc), can continue to be creative within the increasingly intricate, convoluted rules being added, in an attempt to shore up the old G14 nepotistic hegemony.
...and if those rules (national or UEFA) actually cock up the ability of any G14 club to climb back to their cartel perch (United, AC Milan etc) then haaaaaaahaha.
Schadenfrude
How many to win the league though?

I would normally agree, but see it marginally higher with the winner coming in between 93-96.

Meaning we can probably probably afford to drop another 6 or seven points, couple more defeats, perhaps.
The winner might have 93-96, but if they do they'll be winning it with a bit to spare imo.

Reactions: es1
Whichever club takes it will have 91 points at the end.

You heard it here first. ;-)

17 games left and the dippers on 54pts... i reckon they will win 12 of those with 2 or 3 draws and 2/3 defeats. That gives them 92/93pts.

For us that means 14 wins from our 17 games. With one draw. Then win it on GD!

With Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs at home and Everton and United away it is a challenge but something we are capable of. Especially if De Bruyne and our other key players can stay fit and Mendy can come back and have a run in the side. We have shown the bottle required to beat the big teams at home and with the fans up for it can win our remaining home games.

There could yet be an almighty crumble from them that makes 90pts enough.

This isn't a 2 horse race.

Spurs have collected more points in the second half of the season than the first under Poccetino regularly.

That being said, they'll likely shit themselves at some point.

Liverpool will implode. Too many dubious characters like Lovren, Van Dijk, Salah. Perennial bottlers

This isn't a 2 horse race.

Spurs have collected more points in the second half of the season than the first under Poccetino regularly.

That being said, they'll likely shit themselves at some point.

Liverpool will implode. Too many dubious characters like Lovren, Van Dijk, Salah. Perennial bottlers

Personally I expect Spurs to be 10 points off the pace at the end, though given the general consensus in the media and amongst most fans that this IS a 2 horse race, the underdog inside me would have a quiet chuckle if they won it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.