How many points will be needed to win the league? (74 GD)

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• 81 - 85

Votes: 671 67.0%
  • 76 - 80

Votes: 280 28.0%
  • 70 - 75

Votes: 50 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mathematically we need 84 points but i think the Rags will struggle against West ham and a couple of other teams Leicester will be our nearest challengers , i would be surprised if we hadnt clinched the title with just 78-80 points.
But Pep will not relax he will still play the remainder games at 100% unlike Klippety who's players went on the piss and disrespected the whole remaining games in the competition when they were the best team in the world , LOL
The league games are now training and planning for cup games.

United have to play Leeds, Leicester, West Ham, Spurs and Scousers. There's no way their winning all the last 10 games and I'm going for them landing on 75 max, likely 72.

Bit early, Pep says.

For your comment alone Fulham and Leicester should beat us
only for witnessing the meltdown on here ;)
Ha, I'd expect nothing less and I hope the team aren't as relaxed as I am. But I'm not going to jinx it, and even if we are are as poor as we have ever been in the last ten years we will still easily get over the line. The success of the season will now be judged on what other cups we bring home. The league alone will be a good but not great season, based entirely on the standards we have set ourselves.

True,but strange things can happen as Moss attempted to kickstart last night.

We cant provide any excuses for the fuckers to intervene.
I suspect last nights efforts were last chance saloon on that score to create a title "race", moss did his best, but we were ultimately too good again, his final effort last night was only adding on 3 minutes at the end,to prevent us getting another goal or two, to improve our GD further.

They can't influence it enough now, we've one less game to have influenced for a start, and united and leicester go into every single game knowing they have to win it, beat Fulham on Saturday and it's 17 in front, with only 8 more to influence (for us), that's nearly 2 points per game they need to reverse (14 needed).

Ha, I'd expect nothing less and I hope the team aren't as relaxed as I am. But I'm not going to jinx it, and even if we are are as poor as we have ever been in the last ten years we will still easily get over the line. The success of the season will now be judged on what other cups we bring home. The league alone will be a good but not great season, based entirely on the standards we have set ourselves.
Very much my view as well.
But the PL title alone is fantastic, many including us on here have written off the league and then we pulled ourselves out of the misery. What a turnaround.
EFL final vs spurs isn't a guaranteed win this time, will be tricky!
Anything can happen in the FA cup, and in the CL we are mainly fighting vs our own disappointing results of the past years. Only a fully convinced winning attitude will bring us glory there.

Pep will fight for the last necessary points winning us the PL and afterwords squad players could play in the PL dead rubbers,
as you said. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.