How many points will be needed to win the league? (74 GD)

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• 81 - 85

Votes: 671 67.0%
  • 76 - 80

Votes: 280 28.0%
  • 70 - 75

Votes: 50 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
These kind of threads always make me laugh. You always get about 20% of posters saying 'its not done' and 'concentrate on the next game' and giving the points till we mathematically win the league.

We all know that, its just a bit of fun to try and estimate how many points we realistically need.

No-one is being arrogant and nothing you or I say will jinx it.
You say that, but last weekend I changed my usual shampooing routine and look what happened!

Don't...do...anything...to...rock...the
..boat...

United are finishing on 78 points so we only need 3 wins and a draw from 9 games. I think we'll do it.

Given their away record which is a head scratcher, it’s the home games they have left which should cause them issues.
I wonder if it's having gotten used to the expectation of a home crowd boost, they put a little less effort in (the familiar surroundings being the trigger) and when the crowd is removed it shows?

If we’re kind to United and say they win 8 and draw 2 of their reminding games, then 3 wins and 3 draws from our games would be enough to win it on goal difference.

Basically, from any realistic assumption around their games - and they’ve struggled to consistently average 2 points per game all season - 4 more wins for us would definitely get us across the line and 3 more wins would likely do it.

So a decent win on Saturday would be very significant.

It’s done !
Utd are currently 1-100 to win the premier league title!

they are our nearest rivals ,

for those that do not understand betting ,this means if u place £100 on Utd to win it ,

u lose £100 !
You're right with almost all your post except not 1/100, you've kinda got that the wrong way round. In fact the odds have drifted even bigger than that now.

Mathematically we need 84 points but i think the Rags will struggle against West ham and a couple of other teams Leicester will be our nearest challengers , i would be surprised if we hadnt clinched the title with just 78-80 points.
But Pep will not relax he will still play the remainder games at 100% unlike Klippety who's players went on the piss and disrespected the whole remaining games in the competition when they were the best team in the world , LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.