How many points will be needed to win the league? (74 GD)

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• 81 - 85

Votes: 671 67.0%
  • 76 - 80

Votes: 280 28.0%
  • 70 - 75

Votes: 50 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time I see Ake play, he's near faultless. Match fit, I wouldn't feel nervous about him stepping in for big/the biggest games. He's competing against ultra class CBs for a starting spot. Also a solid stand-in LB.
Id be tempted to play him at LB in CL due to his combination of being good in possession and pace. I don't trust Zinchenko in the CL due to his lack of pace and Cancelo looks crap right now and Mendy is dud.

Sorry I meant league game
Why do you think united are this mythical, unbeatable machine?? Since the 1st January they have dropped on average a point per game. If they keep that up we would only need 4 points to win the league. Add in the fact that they have struggled against the likes of arsenal, Sheffield United, palace etc and have leicester, Liverpool, Leeds and villa all to play and they are not picking up another 21 points.

Sorry I meant league game

Lost 2-1 to Sheffield United at the end of Jan, 12 league games ago but they've hardly been a winning machine since then.

Last 11 games has seen 6 wins (Southampton, Newcastle, City, West Ham, Brighton, Spurs) and 5 draws (Arsenal, Everton, WBA, Chelsea, Palace). So even if they're on an unbeaten run, it's hardly impressive.

In-fact that 11 game unbeaten run has them averaging 2.09 points per game, for context we're averaging 2.31 points per game for the whole season.

Mendy hasn’t really worked out, but injuries have clearly taken their toll. Ake has only been here for 8 months and has also struggled with injuries, whilst Torres has shown more than enough to justify the £21m we paid. Pretty sure you could take similar examples from other top 6 clubs, not sure what point you’re trying to make?
It's a lot of money for squad players.
We need to get better at keeping graduates or at least selling for a realistic fee.

Kelechi, Sancho, Garcia raised 33 million.

The 3 mentioned cost over £100 million

I think it's a fair point.

It's a lot of money for squad players.
We need to get better at keeping graduates or at least selling for a realistic fee.

Kelechi, Sancho, Garcia raised 33 million.

The 3 mentioned cost over £100 million

I think it's a fair point.
I couldn't give a fuck if those 3 cost 500m it's not my money. Leave the worrying to the press and every other jealous football fan.

Every time I see Ake play, he's near faultless. Match fit, I wouldn't feel nervous about him stepping in for big/the biggest games. He's competing against ultra class CBs for a starting spot. Also a solid stand-in LB.
That's the thing though isn't it, match fit
It's a huge part of being a high priced footballer.

Absolutely destroyed them mate, correct!

A lot of people saying Leicester have fell apart - today they were beat 3-2 by a really really good West ham (4th place) but because of covid breaches they had Maddison, choudhury and Perez dropped which is essentially their core engine room.

United have no chance of taking full points in the run in.

I had talkshite on the radio earlier and the discussion was have united sewn up their top 4 place, not a single mention of challenging for the league, not one. In fact the only mention of United challenging is in here
Yeah no mention of the PL cos they don't want to put them under pressure !

Id be tempted to play him at LB in CL due to his combination of being good in possession and pace. I don't trust Zinchenko in the CL due to his lack of pace and Cancelo looks crap right now and Mendy is dud.
Problem is Ake isn't match fit yet.
He looked very slow on Saturday.
He needs another week or two to sharpen up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.